向前一步:第32期 职业女性的内在障碍(21)(在线收听

 Like everyone here, I have great hopes for the members of this graduating class. 就像这里的每位老师一样,我对你们也抱有很大的期望。

I hope you find true meaning, contentment, and passion in your life. 我希望你们找到人生中真正的意义、满足和激情。
I hope you navigate the difficult times and come out with greater strength and resolve. 我希望你们能安度未来的艰难时光,并收获更强大的力量与更坚定的决心。
I hope you find whatever balance you seek with your eyes wide open. 我希望你们能够平衡自己的生活,睁大眼睛去仔细寻找。
And I hope that you—yes, you—have the ambition to lean in to your career and run the world. 我还希望你们怀着进取心,向前一步,在事业里全心投入,去掌控世界。
Because the world needs you to change it. 因为世界需要你们去改变它。
Women all around the world are counting on you. 全世界的女性都在指望你们改变她们的命运。
So please ask yourself: What would I do if I weren't afraid? And then go do it. 所以,问问你们自己:如果心无恐惧,我会做什么?然后,放手去做。
As the graduates were called to the stage to collect their diplomas, I shook every hand. 当学生们被叫上台授予学位时,我和每个人都握了手。
Many stopped to give me a hug. 许多女孩子拥抱了我。
One young woman even told me I was "the baddest bitch"  一个年轻的女学生甚至跟我说:“你简直酷毙了!”
(which, having checked with someone later, actually did turn out to be a compliment). (后来经我求证,这原来是夸我的话。)
I know my speech was meant to motivate them, but they actually motivated me. 原本应该是用我的演讲去激励她们,但实际上是她们激励了我。
In the months that followed, I started thinking that I should speak up more often and more publicly about these issues. 接下来的几个月里,我开始考虑自己是否应该更多地在公众场合提及这些问题。
I should urge more women to believe in themselves and aspire to lead. 我应该去鼓励更多的女性相信自己、追求领导者的角色。
I should urge more men to become part of the solution by supporting women in the workforce and at home. 我应该鼓励更多的男性,通过在工作和家庭中对女性更多的支持来解决这些问题。
And I should not just speak in front of friendly crowds at Barnard. 我不仅要在充满友好气氛的巴纳德学院演讲。
I should seek out larger, possibly less sympathetic audiences. 还应该走到更广大的、或许不是那么赞同我的听众群中演讲。
I should take my own advice and be ambitious. 我应该采纳自己对别人提出的建议,向前一步,更加进取。
Writing this book is not just me encouraging others to lean in. This is me leaning in. 我写这本书不仅是在鼓励别人进取,对自己也是一种激励。
Writing this book is what I would do if I weren't afraid. 写这本书,就是我心无恐惧时所做的一件相当重要的事。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/xqyb/426192.html