冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第110期:第八章 布兰(10)(在线收听) |
Gods forbid, a man’s voice replied lazily. It’s not an honor I’d want. There’s far too much work involved. "饶了我罢,"一个男人的声音慵懒地回答,"这种苦差我可不想揽,想做的事多着呢。" Bran hung, listening, suddenly afraid to go on. They might glimpse his feet if he tried to swing by. 布兰悬在半空,静静地听着,突然心生恐惧,不敢再往前荡,生怕经过时自己的双脚会被他们发现。
Don’t you see the danger this puts us in? the woman said. Robert loves the man like a brother. "你难道看不出背后隐藏的危险?"女人接着说,"劳勃把那家伙当亲兄弟一样。"
Robert can barely stomach his brothers. Not that I blame him. Stannis would be enough to give anyone indigestion. "劳勃最受不了他两个弟弟。我也不怪他,有史坦尼斯那样的老弟,任谁都要反胃。"
Don’t play the fool. Stannis and Renly are one thing, and Eddard Stark is quite another. Robert will listen to Stark. "别傻了,史坦尼斯和蓝礼是一回事,艾德·史塔克又是另一回事。劳勃对史塔克会言听计从。
Damn them both. I should have insisted that he name you, but I was certain Stark would refuse him. 这两人都该下地狱,早知道我就坚持要他选你当首相。我一直以为史塔克会拒绝他。"
We ought to count ourselves fortunate, the man said. "我们这样已经算走运啦,"男人道,
The king might as easily have named one of his brothers, or even Littlefinger, gods help us. "诸神在上,谁知道国王会不会叫他弟弟或那个小指头来当首相。
Give me honorable enemies rather than ambitious ones, and I’ll sleep more easily by night. 比起野心勃勃的对手,让我面对讲究荣誉的敌人,可能还会睡得安稳些。"
They were talking about Father, Bran realized. He wanted to hear more. 布兰这才会意,他们谈论的正是父亲!他想多听一些,
A few more feet?.?.?.?but they would see him if he swung out in front of the window. 再靠近几尺……可他如果荡过那扇窗户,他们一定会看到他的脚。
We will have to watch him carefully, the woman said. "我们得好好监视他才行。"女人说。
I would sooner watch you, the man said. He sounded bored. Come back here. "我宁愿好好看看你,"男人说,他的语气听起来很无趣,"过来吧。"
Lord Eddard has never taken any interest in anything that happened south of the Neck, the woman said. "艾德公爵从没插手过南方的事务,"女人道,
Never. I tell you, he means to move against us. Why else would he leave the seat of his power? "从来没有。我告诉你,他明明就是要对付我们,不然何必离开他的势力中心?"
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/byhqldyx/426255.html |