冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第156期:第十二章 艾德(9)(在线收听

   Kingslayer, Ned said. The rumors were true, then. He rode on dangerous ground now, he knew.  "弑君者。"奈德道。这么说来,所有的谣言都属实了。他很清楚自己此刻措辞务必小心谨慎。

  An able and courageous man, no doubt, he said carefully, but his father is Warden of the West, Robert.  "他有能力,也不缺勇气,这毋庸置疑。"他小心翼翼地说,"但是劳勃,他父亲是世袭的西境守护,
  In time Ser Jaime will succeed to that honor. No one man should hold both East and West.  詹姆爵士迟早要继承父职,东西诸国的大权不应落入同一个人手里。"
  He left unsaid his real concern; that the appointment would put half the armies of the realm into the hands of Lannisters. 他没把真正想说的话说出来:如此一来王国一半的兵力将会落入兰尼斯特家族的手中。
  I will fight that battle when the enemy appears on the field, the king said stubbornly.  "等敌人出现了再打也不迟,"国王执拗地说,
  At the moment, Lord Tywin looms eternal as Casterly Rock, so I doubt that Jaime will be succeeding anytime soon.  "眼下泰温公爵好端端地待在凯岩城,我想詹姆还不至于太快继承职位。
  Don’t vex me about this, Ned, the stone has been set. 奈德,这事儿别跟我争,说出去的话,覆水难收了。"
  Your Grace, may I speak frankly? "陛下,请恕我直言不讳。"
  I seem unable to stop you, Robert grumbled. They rode through tall brown grasses. "反正我也阻止不了你。"劳勃咕哝着。他们骑过棕褐长草。
  Can you trust Jaime Lannister? "你真信任詹姆·兰尼斯特?"
  He is my wife’s twin, a Sworn Brother of the Kingsguard, his life and fortune and honor all bound to mine. "他是我老婆的孪生弟弟,又是发过誓的御林铁卫,他的生死荣辱都维系在我身上。"
  As they were bound to Aerys Targaryen’s, Ned pointed out. "当年他的生死荣辱不也全维系在伊里斯·坦格利安身上?"奈德不客气地指出。
  Why should I mistrust him? He has done everything I have ever asked of him. His sword helped win the throne I sit on. "我有什么理由不信任他?我叫他办的事他没有一次让我失望,就连我现在的王位都是靠他的宝剑赢来的咧。"
  His sword helped taint the throne you sit on, Ned thought, but he did not permit the words to pass his lips.  正是他的宝剑玷污了你的王位啊,奈德心想,但没让自己说出口。
  He swore a vow to protect his king’s life with his own. Then he opened that king’s throat with a sword. "他发誓以性命守护国王,结果却一剑割了国王的喉咙。"
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/byhqldyx/426323.html