冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第169期:第十三章 提利昂(9)(在线收听

   Why do you read so much? "你读那么多书干嘛?"

  Tyrion looked up at the sound of the voice. Jon Snow was standing a few feet away, regarding him curiously.  提利昂闻言抬头,琼恩·雪诺正站在几步以外,好奇地端详他。
  He closed the book on a finger and said, Look at me and tell me what you see. 他用一根手指夹住正读的书页:"看着我,然后告诉我你看到了什么?"
  The boy looked at him suspiciously. Is this some kind of trick? I see you. Tyrion Lannister. 男孩狐疑地看着他说:"你耍什么把戏?我看到你啊,提利昂·兰尼斯特。"
  Tyrion sighed. You are remarkably polite for a bastard, Snow. What you see is a dwarf. You are what, twelve? 提利昂叹道:"雪诺啊,你是个私生子,却真是够客气。你看到的是个侏儒。你几岁了?十二?"
  Fourteen, the boy said. "十四。"
  Fourteen, and you’re taller than I will ever be. My legs are short and twisted, and I walk with difficulty. "你才十四岁,我却一辈子长不到你现在这个高度。我这双脚又短又畸形,连走路都成问题,
  I require a special saddle to keep from falling off my horse.  骑马还得配着特殊打造的马鞍,才不会摔下去。
  A saddle of my own design, you may be interested to know. It was either that or ride a pony. 你有兴趣瞧瞧的话,这马鞍是我自己设计的。假如我不用它,就只能骑着孩子的小矮马。
  My arms are strong enough, but again, too short. I will never make a swordsman. 我的手臂还算强壮,但仍旧太短,所以永远也成不了好战士。
  Had I been born a peasant, they might have left me out to die, or sold me to some slaver’s grotesquerie. 如果我生在普通农家,早被扔在路边等死,不然就是卖进怪物杂耍团。
  Alas, I was born a Lannister of Casterly Rock, and the grotesqueries are all the poorer.  唉,谁知我偏又生在凯岩城的兰尼斯特家,怪胎更不受欢迎,只因先前众人对我万般期待。
  Things are expected of me. My father was the Hand of the King for twenty years.  你瞧,我爹干了二十年的御前首相,
  My brother later killed that very same king, as it turns out, but life is full of these little ironies.  结果我老哥后来竟把国王给宰了,人生就是这样变幻无常。
  My sister married the new king and my repulsive nephew will be king after him.  如今我老姐嫁给了新任国王,而我那脾气暴躁的外甥呢,有朝一日则会继任王位,
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/byhqldyx/426336.html