冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第410期:第二十四章 艾德(6)(在线收听

   You never knew Lyanna as I did, Robert, Ned told him.  劳勃,你对莱安娜的了解没我深,奈德告诉他,

  You saw her beauty, but not the iron underneath.  你只见到她的美,却不知道她真正的硬脾气。
  She would have told you that you have no business in the melee. 倘若她还活着,她会告诉你,你和团体比武毫无瓜葛。
  You too? The king frowned. You are a sour man, Stark.  怎么你也来这套?国王皱眉,史塔克,你这家伙真讨厌,
  Too long in the north, all the juices have frozen inside you.  我看你在北方待得太久,体内的血都冻成冰啦。
  Well, mine are still running. He slapped his chest to prove it. 告诉你,老子可还热血沸腾哩。他拍拍胸脯以示证明。
  You are the king, Ned reminded him. 别忘了你是国王。奈德提醒他。
  I sit on the damn iron seat when I must.  我该坐的时候坐坐那张该死的铁椅子,
  Does that mean I don't have the same hungers as other men?  难道就不能跟其他人一样有七情六欲吗?
  A bit of wine now and again, a girl squealing in bed, the feel of a horse between my legs?  难道我不能没事喝点小酒,找个女孩乐一乐,享受骑马的快感吗?
  Seven hells, Ned, I want to hit someone. 下七层地狱去,奈德,我不过是想打打人罢了。
  Ser Barristan Selmy spoke up. Your Grace, he said, it is not seemly that the king should ride into the melee.  巴利斯坦·赛尔弥爵士开了口:陛下,他说,国王加入团体比武并不恰当,
  It would not be a fair contest. Who would dare strike you? 因为这样一来,比赛就不公平了。试问谁敢对您动手呢?
  Robert seemed honestly taken aback. Why, all of them, damn it.  劳勃真是没料到这层。唉,谁都行啊,他妈的。
  If they can. And the last man left standing? 只要他们有那能耐。反正最后站着的…
  will be you, Ned finished. He saw at once that Selmy had hit the mark.  一定会是您。奈德接口。他立刻发现赛尔弥点到了关键。
  The dangers of the melee were only a savor to Robert, but this touched on his pride.  若是强调比武的危险,只会更刺激劳勃,而这样说来便事关他的自尊。
  Ser Barristan is right. There's not a man in the Seven Kingdoms who would dare risk your displeasure by hurting you. 巴利斯坦爵士说得没错,七国上下绝没有人敢冒着惹您生气的危险对您动手。
  The king rose to his feet, his face flushed.  国王满脸通红,霍地站起,
  Are you telling me those prancing cravens will let me win? 你的意思是那些没用的胆小鬼会故意失手?
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/byhqldyx/426907.html