冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第714期:第三十四章 琼恩(13)(在线收听

   Even in the wolfswood, you never found more than two or three of the white trees growing together;  即便在北方,即便在狼林,你也找不到这种白色的树会两三棵长在一起,

  a grove of nine was unheard of.  九棵简直闻所未闻。
  The forest floor was carpeted with fallen leaves, bloodred on top, black rot beneath.  林地铺满落叶,上层血红,下面则是腐朽的黑色。
  The wide smooth trunks were bone pale, and nine faces stared inward. 宽而平滑的树干如枯骨般苍白,九张脸向圆心凝视,
  The dried sap that crusted in the eyes was red and hard as ruby. 眼睛部位干涸的树汁红硬宛如宝石。
  Bowen Marsh commanded them to leave their horses outside the circle. 波文·马尔锡命令他们将马匹留在圆圈之外。
  "This is a sacred place, we will not defile it." “这是神圣之地,我们不可亵渎。”
  When they entered the grove, Samwell Tarly turned slowly looking at each face in turn. 走进树丛后,山姆威尔·塔利慢慢地转头审视每一张脸。
  No two were quite alike.  它们全都不一样。
  "They're watching us," he whispered. "The old gods." “远古诸神,”他悄声说,“他们正看着我们呢。”
  Yes. Jon knelt, and Sam knelt beside him. “对啊。”琼恩单膝跪下,山姆也跪在他身边。
  They said the words together, as the last light faded in the west and grey day became black night. 在最后一线日光沉落西天,灰暗的白昼转为黑夜的时刻,他们齐声念出誓言。
  Hear my words, and bear witness to my vow, they recited, their voices filling the twilit grove. “倾听我的誓言,做我的见证。” 他们的朗诵充斥暮色中的树林,
  "Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death.  “长夜将至,我从今开始守望,至死方休。
  I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. 我将不娶妻,不封地,不生子。
  I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. 我将不戴宝冠,不争荣宠。
  I shall live and die at my post.  我将尽忠职守,生死于斯。
  I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. 我是黑暗中的利剑,长城上的守卫,
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/byhqldyx/427552.html