冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第894期:第四十二章 艾德(11)(在线收听

   Your own ends. What ends are those, Lord Varys? “你的目的?瓦里斯大人,敢问您的目的又是什么?”

  Peace, Varys replied without hesitation. “和平。”瓦里斯毫不迟疑地回答,
  "If there was one soul in King's Landing who was truly desperate to keep Robert Baratheon alive, it was me." He sighed. “假如说君临城里有哪个灵魂真心诚意想保住劳勃·拜拉席恩的性命,那便是我。”他叹了口气。
  "For fifteen years I protected him from his enemies, but I could not protect him from his friends. “十五年来,我尽心竭力保护他免遭敌人伤害,到头来却免不了他为朋友所害。
  What strange fit of madness led you to tell the queen that you had learned the truth of Joffrey's birth?" 您脑筋里究竟是有些什么疯狂念头,让您跑去告诉太后,说您知道乔佛里的真实身份?”
  The madness of mercy, Ned admitted. “仁慈的疯狂念头。”奈德坦承。
  Ah, said Varys. "To be sure. “啊,”瓦里斯道,“可不是么?
  You are an honest and honorable man, Lord Eddard. Ofttimes I forget that. 艾德大人,您是个正直磊落的人,我常常忘记这点,
  I have met so few of them in my life." 因为我这辈子很少遇见您这样的人。”
  He glanced around the cell. 他环顾囚室四周。
  "When I see what honesty and honor have won you, I understand why." “当我见到诚实和荣誉给您带来何种下场之后,我终于明白这是为什么了。”
  Ned Stark laid his head back against the damp stone wall and closed his eyes. 奈德·史塔克低头枕在潮湿的石墙上,闭上了眼睛。
  His leg was throbbing. 他的伤腿隐隐作痛。
  "The king's wine... did you question Lancel?" “国王喝的酒……你查问过蓝赛尔吗?”
  Oh, indeed. Cersei gave him the wineskins, and told him it was Robert's favorite vintage. The eunuch shrugged.  “当然问了。酒袋是瑟曦给他的,还告诉他那是劳勃最喜欢的佳酿。”太监耸耸肩。
  "A hunter lives a perilous life. If the boar had not done for Robert, “打猎本来就危险,纵使那头猪没杀死劳勃,
  it would have been a fall from a horse, the bite of a wood adder, an arrow gone astray... the forest is the abbatoir of the gods.  他也会摔下马来,被毒蛇咬,或者是一枝射偏的箭……森林是天上诸神的屠宰场。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/byhqldyx/427872.html