冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第1087期:第五十一章 珊莎(14)(在线收听

   This one is your father, he said. "This one here. Dog, turn it around so she can see him." “这个是你父亲,”他说,“这边这个。狗,把头转过来给她瞧。”

  Sandor Clegane took the head by the hair and turned it. 桑铎·克里冈伸手到半空中,把首级转了过来。
  The severed head had been dipped in tar to preserve it longer. 砍下的头颅浸过沥青,如此才能保存得较长。
  Sansa looked at it calmly, not seeing it at all. 珊莎冷静地看着父亲的首级,不动声色。
  It did not really look like Lord Eddard, she thought; it did not even look real. 这看起来不像艾德公爵,她心想,看起来不像真的。
  "How long do I have to look?" “请问,您要我看多久?”
  Joffrey seemed disappointed. "Do you want to see the rest?" There was a long row of them. 乔佛里似乎大感失望。“你想不想看其他人的头?”城垛上有一大排。
  If it please Your Grace. “如果陛下您高兴的话。”
  Joffrey marched her down the wallwalk, past a dozen more heads and two empty spikes. 于是乔佛里领她沿着走道前进,经过十几颗人头,还有两根空着的长枪。
  "I'm saving those for my uncle Stannis and my uncle Renly," he explained. “这两根是我特地留给史坦尼斯叔叔和蓝礼叔叔的。”他解释。
  The other heads had been dead and mounted much longer than her father. 其他人死亡的时间比父亲长很多,首级待在枪尖上也久得多。
  Despite the tar, most were long past being recognizable. 虽然泡过沥青,但多数都变得难以辨认。
  The king pointed to one and said, "That's your septa there," but Sansa could not even have told that it was a woman. 国王指着其中一个说:“这个是你们家的修女。”可珊莎根本看不出那是女人的头。
  The jaw had rotted off her face, and birds had eaten one ear and most of a cheek. 头颅的下巴已经整个烂掉,鸟儿吃掉了一只耳朵和大半边脸颊。
  Sansa had wondered what had happened to Septa Mordane, although she supposed she had known all along. 珊莎之前还纳闷茉丹修女到底发生了什么,现在想来,或许她早就心里有数了罢。
  "Why did you kill her?" she asked. "She was godsworn... " “您为什么杀她呀?”她问:“她只是个虔诚的……”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/byhqldyx/428407.html