美国小学英语教材3:第6课 小象提比的帽子(2)(在线收听

   "Oh, dear me," said Mother Elephant. "I wish you would be a quiet baby elephant and play in the straw!" “噢,天啊!”象妈妈说,“我希望你是个安静的象宝宝,安安静静地在稻草上玩耍。”

  "But it is more fun to play tricks with my foot," said Tippy Elephant, and she looked around for something more to stamp on. “但是用脚玩些花样会更有意思。”小象提比说道。然后她环顾四周,看看还有没有什么东西可以踩踩。
  One day Tippy took a man's straw hat off his head. 一天,提比摘掉了一个人头上的草帽,
  Smash, smash, went the hat as Tippy Elephant's heavy foot stamped down on it. 接着一抬脚重重地踩了上去。咔,咔,草帽碎了。
  "Oh, you are a naughty baby!" cried Mrs. Elephant, looking at the smashed hat. “哎呀,你可真是个淘气的孩子!”象妈妈看着被踩烂的帽子叫道。
  Almost every day after that, when some kind man gave Tippy Elephant a peanut or an apple, she would take off his hat with her trunk. 从那以后,几乎每天,当有人给小象提比花生或苹果时,她都会用象鼻子摘掉人家的帽子,
  Stamp, stamp--and it would be smashed flat by her frisky front foot. How Tippy would laugh! 然后重重地踩上去,一脚、两脚、三脚……直到帽子被她灵活的前脚踩平为止。提比踩完就笑得特别开心!
  "We shall have to sell that baby elephant if she does not stop being so frisky," said her keeper one day. 一天,提比的饲养员说:“如果那只小象还继续那样调皮的话,我们就不得不把她给卖了。”
  "Did you hear that?" whispered Mrs. Elephant to her child. “听到了吗?”象妈妈低声对自己的孩子说,
  "You will have to stop smashing straw hats, or you cannot stay in this circus." “你不要再这样踩人家的草帽了,不然你就不能待在这家马戏团里了。”
  "But it is fun being frisky with my foot!" cried Tippy again. “但是这样用脚踩很有趣啊!”提比嚷道。
  Then one, two, three hats were smashed before the keeper could stop her. 接着,又有一个、两个、三个帽子在饲养员阻止她之前被她踩烂了。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgxxyyjc/d3c/429866.html