美国语文第二册 第5期:害怕黑暗(在线收听

 LESSON 6 第6课

between  在……之间
bureau  局
stairs  楼梯
needle 针
afraid  害怕
shadow  影子
held  举行
stir 搅拌
AFRAID IN THE DARK 害怕黑暗
"Willie, will you run upstairs, and get my needle book from the bureau?" “威利,你能上楼帮我把写字台上的针线盒拿下来吗?”
But Willie did not stir. "Willie!" said mamma. She thought he had not heard. 但威利没有动静。“威利!”妈妈叫道,她以为威利没有听见。
"I'm afraid, " said Willie. “我害怕!”威利说。
"Afraid of what?" “怕什么?”
"It's dark up there." “那儿很暗。”
"What is the dark?" asked mamma. "See! It is nothing but a shadow."  “很暗?”妈妈问,“看!这儿除了影子以外,什么都没有。”
And she held her hand between the lamp and the workbasket on the table. 然后她把自己的手停在了台灯和桌上的工具篮之间。
"Now it is dark in the basket; but as soon as I take my hand away, it is light." “现在,篮子上有阴影了,但是当我拿开手时,就又亮了。”
"Come and stand between the lamp and the wall, Willie.  “过来,站在台灯和墙中间。看,威利!
See! There is your shadow on the wall. Can your shadow hurt you?" 墙上有你的影子。 你的影子能伤到你吗?”
"Oh no, mamma! I am sure it can not hurt me." “噢,不能,妈妈。它肯定伤不到我。”
"Well, the dark is only a big shadow over everything." “这就对了,黑暗只是每件东西后面的一个大影子。”
"What makes the big shadow, mamma?" “妈妈,是什么原因造成了这个大影子?”
"I will tell you all about that, Willie, when you are a little older.  “威利,等你再长大一点儿时,我再告诉你吧。
But now, I wish you would find me a brave boy who is not afraid of shadows, to run upstairs and get my needlebook." 不过现在,我希望你成为一个不怕影子的勇敢男孩。上楼去把我的针线盒拿下来吧。”
"I am bravo, mamma. I will go. — Here it is." “妈妈,我很棒。我这就去。妈妈,给你。”
"Thank you, my brave little man. You see the dark didn'thurt you." “谢谢你,我勇敢的小男子汉。你看,黑暗没有伤到你吧。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d2c/430661.html