美国语文第四册 第41期:在时间的秋千上(在线收听

   Father Time, your footsteps go Lightly as the falling snow. 时间老人,你的足迹像雪落般轻盈。

  In your swing I'm sitting, see! Push me softly; one, two, three, Twelve times only. 我正坐在你的秋千上,看!温柔地推我;一、二、三;只有十二次。
  Like a sheet, Spread the snow beneath my feet. 像一片被单,将雪片铺展在我脚下。
  Singing merrily, let me swing Out of winter into spring. 欢快地歌唱,让我摇摆走出冬季,走进春季。
  Swing me out, and swing me in! Trees are bare, but birds begin Twittering to the peeping leaves, On the bough beneath the eaves. 将我摇进又摇出!树木光秃秃的,但鸟儿已开始在屋檐下的树枝上,对着隐约出现的树叶叽叽喳喳叫不停。
  Wait,—one lilac bud I saw.Icy hillsides feel the thaw. 等等——我看到了一个丁香花蕾。积雪的山坡有了融化的迹象。
  April chased off March to-day; 今天,四月赶走了三月;
  Now I catch a glimpse of May. 现在我已经瞥见了五月的影子。
  Oh, the smell of sprouting grass! In a blur the violets pass. 噢,青草发芽的味道!朦胧中眼睛扫过紫罗兰
  Whispering from the wildwood come Mayflower's breath and insect's hum. 五月花的气息和昆虫的哼鸣在原始森林中悄悄传递,
  Roses carpeting the ground; Thrushes, orioles, warbling sound: Swing me low, and swing me high, To the warm clouds of July. 玫瑰花铺满了整个大地;画眉、黄鹂,婉转的叫声,把我摇高又摇低,摇进七月温暖的云朵里。
  Slower now, for at my side White pond lilies open wide. 现在慢点摇,因为在我身边白色的睡莲已经怒放。
  Underneath the pine's tall spire Cardinal blossoms burn like fire. 在松树高大的树冠下,绯红的花朵如火焰般燃烧。
  They are gone; the golden-rod Flashes from the dark green sod. 等花儿离去,鼠尾草从深绿色的草皮中星星点点冒出。
  Crickets in the grass I hear; Asters light the fading year. 我听到草地中蟋蟀的声音,紫菀花点亮了黯淡的一年。
  Slower still! October weaves Rainbows of the forest leaves. 还要再摇慢一些!十月编织出森林里树叶的彩虹,
  Gentians fringed, like eyes of blue, Glimmer out of sleety dew. 龙胆花的点缀,像蓝色的眼睛,在雨夹雪的露水中若隐若现。
  Meadow green I sadly miss: Winds through withered sedges hiss. 我悲伤地思念着草地的绿色:风儿穿过枯萎的沙草,嘶嘶作响。
  Oh, It is snowing, swing me fast, While December shivers past! 哦,要下雪了,把我摇快些,当十二月在战栗中度过!
  Frosty-bearded Father Time, Stop your footfall on the rime! 白胡子的时间老人,停下你在白霜上的脚步!
  Hard you push, your hand is rough; You have swung me long enough. 你推得太用力,你的手是那么粗糙;你已经为我摇了足够长的时间。
  "Nay,no stopping," say you? Well, Some of your best stories tell, While you swing me—gently, do! 你说“不,别停下,”好吧,当你给我摇秋千时,讲讲你最好的故事吧——轻轻地,讲吧!
  From the Old Year to the New. 从过去的一年讲到新的一年。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d4c/431184.html