美国语文第四册 第80期:荨麻(3)(在线收听) |
There are many thousand plants in the world, and it has pleased God, in his wisdom, to make them all different. 世界上有成千上万种植物,上帝以他的智慧欣然将它们创作成各自不同的样子。 Now look at this other nettle, which grew on the opposite side of the road; 现在你看看长在马路对面的另一种荨麻,
you see that it is not exactly like the one you have just examined. 和你刚才仔细检查过的不完全一样。
No, papa; this has little flat seeds instead of flowers. 是的,爸爸。这种长着扁平的种子,而不是花。
Very right, my dear. Now, in order to make those seeds grow, 没错,亲爱的。为了让这些种子生长,
it is necessary that the little flower of this plant and the seed of that should be together, as they are in most others. 必须把这株植物的小花和种子凑到一起,就像大多数情况下那样。
But plants can not walk, like animals. The wisdom of God, therefore, has provided a remedy for this. 但植物不能像动物一样行走移动。因此,上帝的智慧为之提供了一个补救的办法。
When the little flower bursts open it throws out a fine powder, which you saw rise like a cloud; 小花绽开时会抛出一些花粉,就是你看到的像云团一样的东西,
this is conveyed by the air to the other plant, 它通过空气被运送到其他植物上。
and when it falls upon the seed of that plant it gives it power to grow, and makes it a perfect seed, 当落到那个植物的种子上时,它就让花粉在里面生长,使其成为一个饱满的种子。
which, in its turn, when it falls to the ground, will produce a new plant. 反过来,等到种子落到地上,就会长出一株新的植物。
Were it not for this fine powder, that seed would never be perfect or complete. 要不是有了这种花粉,种子将无法变得饱满和完整。
That is very curious, indeed; and I see the use of the little cloud and the flower; 确实很奇特。我知道小云团和花的用处了。
but the leaf that stung me, of what use can that be? 但是那蜇我的叶子呢,它能有什么用?
There, dear papa, I am afraid I puzzle you to tell me that. Even these stings are made useful to man. 亲爱的爸爸,让你告诉我这个,恐怕把你弄糊涂了。这些刺对人类也是有用的。
The poor people in some countries use them instead of blisters, when they are sick. 在一些国家,穷人们生病时不用药,而是用它们来治病。
Those leaves which do not sting are used by some for food, 这些不带刺的叶子可以用做食物原料,
and from the stalk others get a stringy bark, which answers the purpose of flax. 人们还从它的茎上得到纤维质的茎皮,来制作亚麻。
Thus you see that even the despised nettle is not made in vain; 这样一来,你看,连最不起眼的荨麻都不是一无是处的。
and this lesson may serve to teach you that we only need to understand the works of, God to see that "in goodness and wisdom he has made them all." 这一课可以教育你,我们需要去理解上帝的杰作, 看“他是如何用善意和智慧创造了这一切”。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d4c/431223.html |