美国语文第五册 第141期:遗嘱(4)(在线收听

   Generous creature! kind soul! I always loved her!  太慷慨的馈赠!好心的人呀!我一直那么敬重她!

  She was good, she was kind;—and, brother Swipes, when we divide, I think I'll take the mansion house.  她真好,心地善良——,斯威伯兄弟,那么,什么时候我们开始分家产?我想,我想分到那座大套府宅。
  Not so fast, if you please, Mr. Currie. My wife has long had her eye upon that, and must have it. 柯里先生,请你先别那么急吼吼好不好?我老婆早就眼巴巴想要那套房子了,没说的,那套房子该是我们的。
  There will be two words to that bargain, Mr. Swipes. And, besides, I ought to have the first choice.  斯威伯先生,这种交易我们两家都有发言权的,而我更有先挑的权利。
  Did I not lend her a new chaise every time she wished to ride?  请问,老夫人外出,哪次不是我腾出自家新马车?
  And who knows what influence... Am I not named first in her will?  有谁知道……我难道不是她遗嘱上的首位继承人?
  and did I not furnish her with my best small beer for more than six months? And who knows...  难道不是我给她送上我家最好的淡啤酒,并且一送就是半年多!有谁知道……
  Frank says: Gentlemen, I must leave you. (Going.) 弗兰克:先生们,我该走了。(走出)
  Squire says: (Putting on his spectacles very deliberately.) Pray, gentlemen, keep your seats, I have not done yet.  德洛法官:(极为慎重地戴上眼镜。)安静点,先生们,请坐下。我还没念完呢。
  Let me see; where was I? Ay,  让我看看,刚才我念到哪里?哦,在这。
  All my property, both personal and real, to my dear cousins, Samuel Swipes, of Malt Street, brewer, Yes! 我所有的财产,个人名下或不动产,给予我亲爱的表弟们麦芽街酿酒人塞缪尔·斯威伯,正是!
  And Christopher Currie, of Fly Court, saddler, Yes!  以及裁缝院制皮商克里斯托弗·柯里,不错!
  To have and to hold, in trust, for the sole and exclusive benefit of my nephew, Francis Millington,  为我的侄子弗朗西斯·米林顿唯一、独自受益需要,以上两人仅拥有保留托管义务,
  until he shall have attained the age of twenty-one years, by which time I hope he will have so far reformed his evil habits,  直到他二十一岁为止。我谨希望,但愿那时,弗兰克能够脱胎换骨,
  as that he may safely be intrusted with the large fortune which I hereby bequeath to him. 接受并胜任管理吾兹此馈赠与他的大笔财富。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d5c/431747.html