美国语文第五册 第189期:威廉-泰尔(14)(在线收听

   Go! God bless thee; go. My bow! 快去!上帝保佑你!去吧,把我的弓给我!

  (The bow is handed to him.) (弓被递到他的手中。)
  Thou wilt not fail thy master, wilt thou?  弓箭呀,你不会让你的主人失望,好吗?
  Thou Hast never failed him yet, old servant.  你也从未让他失望,我的老伙计。
  No, I'm sure of thee. I know thy honesty, Thou art stanch, stanch. Let me see my quiver.  我相信你,你很忠诚,也很强壮有力,让我再看看箭袋。
  Gesler says: Give him a single arrow.  盖斯勒说:一支箭就够了!
  Tell says: Do you shoot?  泰尔说:你射箭吗?
  Soldier says: I do.  士兵说:是的。
  Is it so you pick an arrow, friend?  朋友,这是你挑的箭?
  The point, you see, is bent; the feather, jagged. That's all the use't is fit for. (Breaks it.) 你看,箭头已经弯了,箭翎也有破损,我不会用这样的弓箭的。(将箭折断)
  Let him have another. 再给他拿支箭。
  Why,'t is better than the first, But yet not good enough for such an aim As I'm to take.  好,这支比第一支好。不过,如果我要射中苹果的话,还不够好。
  This heavy in the shaft; I'll not shoot with it! (Throws it away.)  至于这支箭,箭杆过重,还是不能用!(将其扔掉)
  Let me see my quiver. Bring it! 让我看看我的箭袋,把我的箭袋拿过来!
  This not one arrow in a dozen I'd take to shoot with at a dove, much less A dove like that.  10多支中找不出一支像样的箭用来射鸽子,而苹果比鸽子又要小得多。
  It matters not. Show him the quiver.  好吧,就让他从自己箭袋里找吧。
  See if the boy is ready. 再看看孩子准备好了没有?
  (Tell here hides an arrow under his vest.) (泰尔悄悄将一支箭藏进外衣。)
  Verner says: He is. 弗纳说:孩子准备好了。
  Tell says: I'm ready too! 泰尔说:我也安排妥当!
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d5c/431915.html