美国语文第五册 第190期:威廉-泰尔(15)(在线收听

   (To the people.) Keep silent, for Heaven's sake, and do not stir; (对周围人说道)请安静,以圣主名义,千万别弄出一点声响。

  and let me have Your prayers, your prayers, and be my witnesses That if his life's in peril from my hand,  让我接受主的祈祷,只有你的祈祷,才能见证我的儿子的安危在我的手里,
  This only for the chance of saving it. 这是唯一能够拯救他的机会。
  Go on. I will. O friends, for mercy's sake keep motionless and silent.  开始吧。好。哦,朋友们,仁慈为怀,请千万别动,务必安静。
  (Tell shoots. A shout of exultation bursts from the crowd. (泰尔开弓射击,人群中发出一阵欢呼声。
  Tell's head drops on his bosom; he with difficulty supports him—self on his bow.) 泰尔的头耷拉胸前,他费了很大力气,才扶住弓弩站住。)
  (Verner rushing in with Albert.) (弗纳带着阿尔伯特冲了过来)
  The boy is safe, no hair of him is touched.  孩子没事,毫发无伤。
  Father, I'm safe. Your Albert's safe, dear father. Speak to me! Speak to me!  爸爸,我很好,你的阿尔伯特一点事也没有,亲爱的爸爸。你快说话,快说话呀!
  He can not, boy!  孩子,让他歇一会。
  You grant him life?  先生,你饶恕他的性命了?
  Gesler says: I do. 盖斯勒说:是的。
  And we are free?  我和爸爸都自由了?
  You are. (Crossing angrily behind.) 是的。(暗中极为气愤)
  Open his vest, And give him air. 快解开他的外套,让他喘喘气。
  (Albert opens his father's vest, and the arrow drops. Tell starts, fixes his eyes on Albert and clasps him to his breast.) (阿尔伯特解开父亲外衣,那支箭掉在地上,泰尔猛然一愣,眼睛盯着阿尔伯特,一把将他搂进怀里)
  My boy! My boy!  我的儿子,我的儿子!
  Gesler says: For what Hid you that arrow in your breast? Speak, slave! 盖斯勒说:你在胸口藏那支箭做什么?说,你这奴隶!
  Tell says: To kill thee, tyrant, had I slain my boy!  泰尔说:如果我失手杀害了我的孩子,这支箭就留给你这个暴君!
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d5c/431916.html