英语听书《白鲸记》第424期(在线收听

 By the Mainmast; Starbuck leaning against it. 斯达巴克倚着主桅。

My soul is more than matched; she's over-manned; and by a madman!  我的灵魂是无敌的;可它却被压服了,被一个疯子压服了!
Insufferable sting, that sanity should ground arms on such a field!  难挨的苦恼呵,一个精神健全的人竟会在这样一个战场上放下武器!
But he drilled deep down, and blasted all my reason out of me!  但是,他已经直钻到了我的心底里,把我身上所有的理性全都炸掉了!
I think I see his impious end; but feel that I must help him to it.  我认为,我虽然看出他那不虔诚的目的;却又觉得我必须帮他达到这个目的。
Will I, nill I, the ineffable thing has tied me to him; tows me with a cable I have no knife to cut. Horrible old man!  不管我愿意不愿意,那种说不出的东西已经把我跟他绑在一起了;用任何刀子都砍不断的大缆把我绑起。可怕的老人呀!
Who's over him, he cries;--aye, he would be a democrat to all above; look, how he lords it over all below!  谁支配他,他高声叫喊;是呀,他对他上面的人倒是民主的;可是,瞧他怎样对下面的人逞威风!
Oh! I plainly see my miserable office,to obey, rebelling; and worse yet, to hate with touch of pity!  啊,我清清楚楚地看到我这份可怜的职司,要服从命令,却又心存反叛;更糟糕的是,又恨又怜!
For in his eyes I read some lurid woe would shrivel me up, had I it.  因为,在他的眼睛中,我已看出一种会把我吓坏的阴森森的邪恶神气。
Yet is there hope. Time and tide flow wide.  然而,还有希望。时运宽广。
The hated whale has the round watery world to swim in, as the small gold-fish has its glassy globe.  那条可恨的大鲸有个滚圆的大海可以游水,正如小金鱼有个玻璃缸一样。
His heaven-insulting purpose, God may wedge aside.  他那侮辱上天的意图,上帝也许会置之不理。
I would up heart, were it not like lead. But my whole clock's run down; my heart the all-controlling weight, I have no key to lift again. 我得打起精神来,如果它不象是一块铅的话。但是,我的整个心钟都已经停了摆;我的心就象那支配一切的摆锤,我实在无法再拨动它了。
(A burst of revelry from the forecastle.) (船头楼突然传来一阵狂欢声)
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/bjj/434124.html