冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第1166期:第五十六章 丹妮莉丝(1)(在线收听

   Daenerys. The land was red and dead and parched, and good wood was hard to come by. 丹妮莉丝。此地遍野红沙,四下死寂,干枯焦裂,木柴难寻。

  Her foragers returned with gnarled cottonwoods, purple brush, sheaves of brown grass. 她手下的人带回纠结的绵木、紫灌木以及束束褐草。
  They took the two straightest trees, hacked the limbs and branches from them, skinned off their bark, and split them, laying the logs in a square. 他们还找来两棵生得最直的树,砍下树枝,剥去树皮,然后将之劈开,把所得木柴堆成方形,
  Its center they filled with straw, brush, bark shavings, and bundles of dry grass. 中间放满稻草、灌木、树皮屑和干草。
  Rakharo chose a stallion from the small herd that remained to them; he was not the equal of Khal Drogo's red, but few horses were. 拉卡洛从剩下的小马群里挑了一头骏马,虽然比不上卓戈卡奥的赤红坐骑,但世间原本就少有与之匹敌的畜生。
  In the center of the square, Aggo fed him a withered apple and dropped him in an instant with an axe blow between the eyes. 阿戈把它牵到木柴堆成的方形中间,喂它吃了一颗干瘪的苹果,然后照它面门一斧砍去,利落地把它放倒。
  Bound hand and foot, Mirri Maz Duur watched from the dust with disquiet in her black eyes. 弥丽·马兹·笃尔手脚被缚,站在漫漫烟尘中,睁大那双黑眼,不安地看着这一切。
  "It is not enough to kill a horse," she told Dany. “杀马是不够的,”她告诉丹妮,
  "By itself, the blood is nothing. You do not have the words to make a spell, nor the wisdom to find them. “血液本身没有力量,你既不懂魔咒的语言,更没有寻求这种语言的智慧。
  Do you think bloodmagic is a game for children? 你以为血魔法是小孩子玩的把戏?
  You call me maegi as if it were a curse, but all it means is wise. 你称呼我为‘巫魔女’,仿佛那是个诅咒,但它真正的意思其实是‘智慧’。
  You are a child, with a child's ignorance. 你只是个年幼无知的孩子,
  Whatever you mean to do, it will not work. 无论你打算做什么,都注定不会成功。
  Loose me from these bonds and I will help you." 为我松绑,我会帮你。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/byhqldyx/435701.html