绿野仙踪 第19期:救出稻草人(7)(在线收听

 "I understand how you feel," said the little girl, who was truly sorry for him. “我很理解你,”小女孩子说,她真的为他感到难过。

"If you will come with me I'll ask Oz to do all he can for you." “如果你和我一起儿去,我会尽力请求奥芝帮助你。”
"Thank you." he answered gratefully. “谢谢你!”他兴奋地回答。
They walked back to the road. 他们又回到路上。
Dorothy helped him over the fence, and they started along the path of yellow brick for the Emerald City. 多萝茜帮助他翻过了短墙,开始沿着黄砖路向翡翠城进发。
Toto did not like this addition to the party at first. 起初,托托不愿意这个陌生的东西加入进来。
He smelled around the stuffed man as if he suspected there might be a nest of rats in the straw, and he often growled in an unfriendly way at the Scarecrow. 它嗅着这个稻草人,似乎它能在稻草里嗅出一巢老鼠,常常不友好地对着稻草人吠着。
“Don't mind Toto.” said Dorothy to her new friend. "He never bites" “你不要担心托托,”多萝茜对她的新朋友说,“它绝不会咬你的。”
"Oh, I'm not afraid." replied the Scarecrow. "He can't hurt the straw. “唔,我没什么可害怕的,”稻草人回答说,“它不会伤害到稻草的。
Do let me carry that basket for you. I shall not mind it, for I can't get tired. 来,让我帮你提着那只篮子,我不会介意的,因为我不会疲倦。
I'll tell you a secret," he continued, as he walked along. 我告诉你一个秘密,”他一边向前走,一边继续着说。
"There is only one thing in the world I am afraid of." “在这个世界上,我只怕一件东西。”
"What is that?" asked Dorothy; "The Munchkin farmer who made you?" 究竟是什么东西?”多萝茜问;“是那个制造你的芒奇金的农民吗?”
"No," answered the Scarecrow, "it's a lighted match." “那倒不是,”稻草人回答说,“是一根燃着的火柴。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shuchong1j/wizardofoz/437173.html