绿野仙踪 第26期:救出铁皮人(2)(在线收听

 She ran to the place and then stopped short, with a little cry of surprise. 她跑了过去,停了下,发出一声尖叫。

One of the big trees had been partly chopped through, and standing beside it,  一棵大树,被砍去了一部分。
with an uplifted axe in his hands, was a man made entirely of tin. 在树旁边,是一个高举着斧头用铁皮做的人。
His head and arms and legs were jointed upon his body,  他的头、胳膊和腿都连在他的躯干上,
but he stood perfectly motionless, as if he could not stir at all. 但是他纹丝不动地站着,好像完全不能走动。
Dorothy looked at him in amazement, and so did the Scarecrow, 稻草人也同样惊奇地注视着他,托托疯狂地吠着,
while Toto barked sharply and made a snap at the tin legs, which hurt his teeth. 冲过去一口咬在铁皮人的腿上,却伤了自己的牙齿。
"Did you groan?" asked Dorothy. 多萝茜问:“是你在呻吟吗?”
" Yes," answered the tin man, "I did. I've been groaning for more that a year, “是我。”铁皮人回答到,“我呻吟了一年多了,
and no one has ever heard me before or come to help me." 却没有一个人听到,或者跑来帮助我。”
"What can I do for you?" she inquired softly,  “我怎么帮你呢?”
for she was moved by the sad voice in which the man spoke. 她被铁皮人的忧愁的声音感动了,急切地问。
"Get an oil-can and oil my joints," he answered. “取一个油罐来,给我的各个关节加油。”他回答说,
"They are rusted so badly that I cannot move them at all;  “它们(我的关节)锈的非常严重,让我无法动弹;
if I am well oiled I shall soon be all right again. 如果给我加了油,我马上就能恢复正常。
You will find an oil-can on a shelf in my cottage." 你们可以在我茅舍里的一个架子上找到油罐。”
Dorothy at once ran back to the cottage and found the oil-can,  多萝茜立刻跑进茅舍,找到了油罐,
and then she returned and asked anxiously, " Where are your joints?" 回来急切地问:“告诉我你的关节是哪些地方?”
"oil my neck, first," replied the Tin Woodman. “先给我的脖子上油,”铁皮人回答说。
So she oiled, and as it was quite badly rusted the Scarecrow took hold of the tin head  多萝茜把油加在它上面,它确实锈的很严重。
and moved it gently from side to side until it worked freely and then the man could turn it himself. 稻草人扶着他的铁皮头小心地左右活动着,直等到它能随意运转,然后铁皮人就可以自己转头了。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shuchong1j/wizardofoz/437180.html