木偶奇遇记 第164期:匹诺曹梦想成真(10)(在线收听

 "Don't you recognize me?" said the Snail. "Yes and no." “你不认识我了吗?”蜗牛说。“又像认识又像不认识。”

"Do you remember the Snail that lived with the Fairy with Azure Hair? “你记得住在天蓝色头发仙女家的那只蜗牛吗?
Do you not remember how she opened the door for you one night and gave you something to eat?" "I remember everything," cried Pinocchio. 你不记得那晚我下来给你开门,给你东西吃了么?”“我都记得,”皮诺乔叫道。
"Answer me quickly, pretty Snail, where have you left my Fairy? What is she doing? Has she forgiven me? “你快回答我,美丽的蜗牛,你在哪儿跟我的仙女分手的?她在做什么?她原谅我了吗?
Does she remember me? Does she still love me? Is she very far away from here? May I see her?" 她还记得我吗?她还爱我吗?她离这儿远吗?我可以去看她吗?”
At all these questions, tumbling out one after another, the Snail answered, calm as ever: 一个接一个的说出了这一连串问话。蜗牛还是老样子,慢吞吞地回答说:
"My dear Pinocchio, the Fairy is lying ill in a hospital." “我亲爱的皮诺乔,仙女正生病躺在医院里。”
"In a hospital?" "Yes, indeed. She has been stricken with trouble and illness, and she hasn't a penny left with which to buy a bite of bread." “在医院里?”“是的,她遭受了那么多挫折和疾病的打击,而今穷得连一口面包也买不起。”
"Really? Oh, how sorry I am! My poor, dear little Fairy! If I had a million I should run to her with it! “真的吗?噢,我真是太难受了!我可怜的亲爱的小仙女!如果我有一百万,我就跑去给她了!
But I have only fifty pennies. Here they are. I was just going to buy some clothes. 可我却只有五十美分了,都在这儿了。我正要去给自己买些衣服。
Here, take them, little Snail, and give them to my good Fairy." 把它们拿去吧,小蜗牛,把它们拿去给我的好仙女。”
"What about the new clothes?" “那新衣服呢?”
"What does that matter? I should like to sell these rags I have on to help her more. “那有什么要紧?为了能够帮助她,我还要卖掉我身上的破衣服呢。
Go, and hurry. Come back here within a couple of days and I hope to have more money for you! 去吧,快一点。过几天你再到这儿来,我希望到时能再给你一些钱。
Until today I have worked for my father. 到今天为止,我干活是为了养活我的爸爸。
Now I shall have to work for my mother also. Good-by, and I hope to see you soon." 从今以后,我也要为我的妈妈而工作,再见,希望不久就能再见到你。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/moqyj/437501.html