英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第44期:第四章 邀请(8)(在线收听

 "Dad?" I asked when he was almost done. "爸?"他快吃完的时候我说道。

"Yeah, Bella?"  "贝拉,什么事儿?"
"Um, I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to Seattle for the day a week from Saturday… if that's okay?"  "唔,我只是想跟您说一声,下个周六我打算去西雅图……如果可以的话?"
I didn't want to ask permission — it set a bad precedent — but I felt rude, so I tacked it on at the end.  我没想征得他的同意——开了一个不好的头——可觉得又太不像话了,于是在后面补了那半句。
"Why?" He sounded surprised, as if he were unable to imagine something that Forks couldn't offer.  "去那儿干吗?"他好像很惊讶,似乎他想象不出来有什么东西是福克斯所买不到的。
"Well, I wanted to get few books — the library here is pretty limited — and maybe look at some clothes."  "噢,我想买几本新书——这儿的图书馆藏书很有限——也许还要看几件衣服。"
I had more money than I was used to having, since, thanks to Charlie, I hadn't had to pay for a car.  我手上的钱多得都有些不习惯了,因为,多亏了查理,我没有非得自己掏钱买车不可。
Not that the truck didn't cost me quite a bit in the gas department.  但这并不是说,这车加油少花了我的钱。
"That truck probably doesn't get very good gas mileage," he said, echoing my thoughts.  "那辆车油耗方面可能不是很好,"他跟我想到一块儿去了。
"I know, I'll stop in Montesano and Olympia — and Tacoma if I have to."  "我知道,我会在蒙特萨诺 和奥林匹亚 停一停——如果必要的话,还会在塔科马 停一下。"
"Are you going all by yourself?" he asked,  "你一个人去吗?"他问,
and I couldn't tell if he was suspicious I had a secret boyfriend or just worried about car trouble.  我说不上来他是怀疑我偷偷谈了男朋友呢,还是只是担心车子出问题。
"Yes."  "对。"
"Seattle is a big city — you could get lost," he fretted.  "西雅图是个大城市——你弄不好会迷路的,"他有点儿发愁。
"Dad, Phoenix is five times the size of Seattle — and I can read a map, don't worry about it."  "爸,凤凰城有西雅图五个大——而且我会看地图,别担心那个。"
"Do you want me to come with you?"  "要不要我跟你一起去?"
I tried to be crafty as I hid my horror.  我一边掩饰我的恐惧,一边尽力花言巧语。
"That's all right, Dad, I'll probably just be in dressing rooms all day — very boring."  "好啊,爸,只是我很有可能整天袋在试衣间里哟——很没劲的。"
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437541.html