英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第47期:第四章 邀请(11)(在线收听

 "What?" I wasn't sure what he was getting at.  "什么?"我拿不准他说这话是啥意思。

"Do you want a ride to Seattle?"  "你想不想搭便车去西雅图?"
"With who?" I asked, mystified.  "搭谁的?"我迷惑不解地问道。
"Myself, obviously."  "显然是搭我的呗。"
He enunciated every syllable, as if he were talking to someone mentally handicapped.  他一字一顿说得清清楚楚的,仿佛是在跟某个弱智的人说话似的。
I was still stunned. "Why?"  我还是有点儿晕乎:"为什么?"
"Well, I was planning to go to Seattle in the next few weeks, and, to be honest,  "噢,我计划接下来的几周去西雅图的,而且,说实话,
I'm not sure if your truck can make it."  我对你的车能不能跑到西雅图心里没谱。"
"My truck works just fine, thank you very much for your concern."  "我的车况好着呢,谢谢你的关心。"
I started to walk again, but I was too surprised to maintain the same level of anger.  说完我又开始走起来,不过我太惊讶了,没有能保持住刚才样的愤怒。
"But can your truck make it there on one tank of gas?"  "可你的车一箱油能跑到吗?"
He matched my pace again.  他又合上了我的步伐。
"I don't see how that is any of your business."  "我看不出这关你什么事儿。"
Stupid, shiny Volvo owner.  蠢货,这个开闪亮的沃尔沃的家伙。
"The wasting of finite resources is everyone's business."  "浪费有限的资源,关每个人的事儿。"
"Honestly, Edward."  "老实说,爱德华,"
I felt a thrill go through me as I said his name, and I hated it.  我说到他的名字时,觉得就像触了电一样,我讨厌这种感觉,
"I can't keep up with you.  "你的话我怎么听不明白呀,
I thought you didn't want to be my friend."  我刚刚还以为你不想做我的朋友呢。"
"I said it would be better if we weren't friends, not that I didn't want to be."  "我是说过倘若我们不做朋友会更好一些,但并不是我不想啊。"
"Oh, thanks, now that's all cleared up."  "哦,谢谢,现在一切都清楚了。"
Heavy sarcasm. I realized I had stopped walking again.  天大的讽刺,我意思到自己又停下了脚步。
We were under the shelter of the cafeteria roof now, so I could more easily look at his face. 这时我们已经在自助餐厅的屋檐下了,所以我看他的脸更容易了。
Which certainly didn't help my clarity of thought.  当然,这对于理清我的思绪帮不了多少忙。
"It would be more... prudent for you not to be my friend," he explained.  "你不做我的朋友会更……更慎重一些,"他解释说,
"But I'm tired of trying to stay away from you, Bella."  "可是我已经厌倦了,不想再克制自己不跟你接近了,贝拉。"
His eyes were gloriously intense as he uttered that last sentence, his voice smoldering.  他说最后那句话的时候,两眼充满了极大的热情,声音中流露出了难以抑制的感情。
I couldn't remember how to breathe.  我都不记得怎样呼吸了。
"Will you go with me to Seattle?" he asked, still intense.  "你愿意和我一起去西雅图吗?"他问,依然很热切。
I couldn't speak yet, so I just nodded.  我还说不出话来,所以只点了点头。
He smiled briefly, and then his face became serious.  他笑了笑,紧接着脸色就严肃起来了。
"You really should stay away from me," he warned.  "你真的应该离我远点儿的,"他警告说,
"I'll see you in class."  "上课见。"
He turned abruptly and walked back the way we'd come.  他突然转身往回走了。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437544.html