英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第48期:第五章 血型(1)(在线收听) |
Chapter 5. BLOOD TYPE 第五章 血型 I made my way to English in a daze. 我神思恍惚地向英语教室走去。
I didn't even realize when I first walked in that class had already started. 我甚至没有意识到,我是在开始上课后才走进教室的。
"Thank you for joining us, Miss Swan," Mr. Mason said in a disparaging tone. “谢谢你屈尊加入我们,史温小姐。”马森老师轻蔑地说。
I flushed and hurried to my seat. 我闪身冲进教室,飞快地奔到我的座位上坐下。
It wasn't till class ended that I realized Mike wasn't sitting in his usual seat next to me. 直到这节课结束的时候,我才意识到迈克没有像往常一样坐在我旁边。
I felt a twinge of guilt. But he and Eric both met me at the door as usual, so I figured I wasn't totally unforgiven. 我感到一阵痛彻心扉的内疚。但他和埃里克都像以往一样在门外等着我,所以我估计自己还不致于罪无可恕。
Mike seemed to become more himself as we walked, gaining enthusiasm as he talked about the weather report for this weekend. 当我们一起走的时候,迈克似乎又恢复成了原来的他,开始热切地谈论着这个周末的天气预报。
The rain was supposed to take a minor break, and so maybe his beach trip would be possible. 连绵的雨天似乎会在周末稍作停顿,所以他的海滩之旅应该是没问题的。
I tried to sound eager, to make up for disappointing him yesterday. 我尽量让自己显得更热衷些,以补充昨天给他带来的失望。
It was hard; rain or no rain, it would still only be in the high forties, if we were lucky. 这很不容易:不管下不下雨,气温最高也就四十华氏度,这还得建立在我们运气好的前提下。
The rest of the morning passed in a blur. 一个上午就这样浑浑噩噩地过去了。
It was difficult to believe that I hadn't just imagined what Edward had said, and the way his eyes had looked. 我很难让自己相信,爱德华所说的话,以及他注视着我的眼神,不是我自己虚构出来的。
Maybe it was just a very convincing dream that I'd confused with reality. 也许这只是一个太过逼真的梦境,被我跟现实混淆了。
That seemed more probable than that I really appealed to him on any level. 这个设想的可能性,比起我真的对他具有某种吸引力——不管程度大小——的可能性要大得多。
So I was impatient and frightened as Jessica and I entered the cafeteria. 所以当杰西卡和我一起走进自助餐厅的时候,我既不安又害怕。
I wanted to see his face, to see if he'd gone back to the cold, indifferent person I'd known for the last several weeks. 我想看到他的脸,想知道他是不是又变回了过去几周里我所知道的,那个冰冷的、漠然的人。
Or if, by some miracle, I'd really heard what I thought I'd heard this morning. 又或者,出于某种奇迹,我真的听到了今天上午我以为我听到的那些话。
Jessica babbled on and on about her dance plans— 杰西卡喋喋不休地唠叨着她对舞会的计划
Lauren and Angela had asked the other boys and they were all going together—completely unaware of my inattention. 劳伦和安吉拉都邀请了别的男孩,他们都会一起去的——完全没有注意到我的心不在焉。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437557.html |