英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第61期:第五章 血型(14)(在线收听) |
"Poor Mike. I'll bet he's mad." “可怜的迈克,我敢打赌他一定气疯了。” "He absolutely loathes me," Edward said cheerfully. “他确实恨透我了。”爱德华乐滋滋地说。
"You can't know that," I argued, but then I wondered suddenly if he could. “你不可能知道这些。”我反驳道。但随即,我忽然开始怀疑他也许能。
"I saw his face — I could tell." “我看见了他的表情——我敢这么说。”
"How did you see me? I thought you were ditching." I was almost fine now, though the queasiness would probably pass faster if I'd eaten something for lunch. “你怎么会看见我的?我以为你翘课了。”我现在基本已经没事了,但我想,如果我午餐有吃东西的话,恶心的感觉可能会消失得更快。
On the other hand, maybe it was lucky my stomach was empty. 另一方面,或许我的胃空空如也是件好事。
"I was in my car, listening to a CD." Such a normal response — it surprised me. “我坐在我的车里,在听CD。”一个太过正常的答案——反而让我吃惊不小。
I heard the door and opened my eyes to see the nurse with a cold compress in her hand. 我听到门开了的声音。我睁开眼睛,看见护士手里正拿着一个冰袋。
"Here you go, dear." She laid it across my forehead. "You're looking better," she added. “亲爱的,到这边来。”她把冰袋敷在我的额头。“你看上去好多了。”她补充道。
"I think I'm fine," I said, sitting up. Just a little ringing in my ears, no spinning. “我想,我已经没事了。”我说着,坐了起来。我还有一点耳鸣,但已经不再感到晕眩了。
The mint green walls stayed where they should. 四面干净得像新刷的一样的绿色墙面好好的待在它们应该在的地方。
I could see she was about to make me lie back down, but the door opened just then, and Ms. Cope stuck her head in. 我看得出她想让我躺回去,但就在这时,门开了。科普女士把头伸了进来。
"We've got another one," she warned. “又来了一个。”她发出预告。
I hopped down to free up the cot for the next invalid. 我跳下床,把床腾出来给下一位伤员。
I handed the compress back to the nurse. "Here, I don't need this." 我把冰袋交还给那位护士:“给你,我不需要这个了。”
And then Mike staggered through the door, now supporting a sallow-looking Lee Stephens, another boy in our Biology class. 然后,迈克步履蹒跚地走进门来,现在他扶着的是一个脸色很差的男生。
Edward and I drew back against the wall to give them room. 那是李·斯蒂芬斯,也是我们生物班上的。爱德华和我退到墙边站着,给他们腾出地方。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437578.html |