【大家说英语】 第154期:新娘来了!(在线收听) |
Lesson 7 Mystery 第七课 悬疑事件 April 15 4月15日
Here Comes the Bride, Mr.E! 新娘来了!
I arrived at the wedding early. 我提早到了婚礼场所,
My friend's daughter was the bride. 我朋友的女儿是新娘。
A young lady came to me 15 minutes before the wedding. 一名年轻小姐在婚礼前十五分钟走到我面前。
She spoke quickly and quietly. 她说话说得又快又轻。
"Mr.E? Come with me." “E先生吗?请跟我来。”
I could tell something was wrong, so I went with her. 我看得出发生了什么问题,所以就跟着她走。
When no one was around, she said, "We need your help, Mr.E. 走到了四下无人的地方,她说:“E先生,我们需要你的帮忙。
We can't find the bride. She disappeared!" 我们找不到新娘, 她失踪了!”
The woman took me to the bride's dressing room. 那名女子带我到新娘的化妆室,
There were clothes and hangers everywhere. 那里到处都是衣服和衣架。
"The bride was just here," the young woman said. “新娘原本就在这里,”那名年轻女子说,
"I left for a moment. “我只离开了一会儿,
I came back and she was gone!" 再回来的时候,她就不见了!”
"Did she get nervous and run away?" I asked. “她是不是太紧张,所以跑走了?”我问。
"No, she was very happy about the wedding!" the young woman answered. “不是,她对于要举行婚礼非常开心!”年轻女子答道,
"What if something happened to her?" “会不会是她发生了什么事情?”
"Don't worry," I said. “别担心,”我说,
"We'll find her." “我们会找到她的。”
As we left the room, a hanger on the door almost tore my clothes. 我们走出房间的时候,门上的一个衣架差点钩破了我的衣服。
I stopped. 我停下脚步,
"What would you do if you tore your wedding dress?" “要是扯破了结婚礼服,妳会怎么办?”
"I'd hide!" said the woman. “我会躲起来!”那名女子说。
Then she covered her mouth. 接着,她掩住了嘴巴,
I looked at the dressing room closet. 我看着更衣室的大衣柜,
We found the bride crying inside. 我们发现新娘在里面哭泣。
"Don't cry," I said. “别哭,”我说,
"The dress isn't getting married. You are!" “要结婚的不是妳的新娘礼服, 是妳啊!” |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/djsyy1/437932.html |