英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第255期:第十五章 卡伦一家(4)(在线收听

 The kitchen was bright, happy, seeming to absorb my mood. 厨房显得既明朗又欢快,似乎被我的情绪感染到了。

"What's for breakfast?" I asked pleasantly. “早餐吃什么?”我快活地问道。
That threw him for a minute. 这个问题让他想了足足一分钟。
"Er, I'm not sure. What would you like?" His marble brow puckered. “呃,我不能肯定。你喜欢吃什么?”他大理石般的额头皱了起来。
I grinned, hopping up. 我咧嘴一笑,跳了起来。
"That's all right, I fend for myself pretty well. Watch me hunt." “那好吧,我可是很擅长自力更生的。看着我怎么狩猎。”
I found a bowl and a box of cereal. 我找出一只碗和一盒麦片。
I could feel his eyes on me as I poured the milk and grabbed a spoon. 当我把牛奶倒进去,抓起一把勺子的时候,我能感觉到他的眼睛在看着我。
I sat my food on the table, and then paused. 我把自己的食物放到桌子上,然后停住了。
"Can I get you anything?" I asked, not wanting to be rude. “需要我给你弄点什么吃的吗?”我不想显得太过无礼,于是问道。
He rolled his eyes. "Just eat, Bella." 他转了转眼睛。“吃吧,贝拉。”
I sat at the table, watching him as I took a bite. 我坐到桌子旁,看着他,然后吃了一口。
He was gazing at me, studying my every movement. It made me self-conscious. 他注视着我,研究着我的每一个动作。这让我很不自在。
I cleared my mouth to speak, to distract him. 我咽下嘴里的食物,开口说话,想要分散他的注意力。
"What's on the agenda for today?" I asked. “今天有什么安排吗?”我问道。
"Hmmm..." I watched him frame his answer carefully. "What would you say to meeting my family?" “呃嗯……”我看着他仔细地斟酌着自己的答案。“你觉得去见我的家里人怎么样?”
I gulped. 我吞咽了一下。
"Are you afraid now?" He sounded hopeful. “你现在害怕了?”他听起来满怀希望。
"Yes," I admitted; how could I deny it—he could see my eyes. “是的。”我坦白道。我怎么可能否认呢——他从我眼里就能看出来。
"Don't worry." He smirked. "I'll protect you." “别担心。”他坏笑起来。“我会保护你的。”
"I'm not afraid of them," I explained. “我不是在害怕他们。”我解释道。
"I'm afraid they won't... like me. “我是在害怕他们会……不喜欢我。
Won't they be, well, surprised that you would bring someone... like me... home to meet them? 难道他们不会,嗯,很惊讶,你居然带了一个……像我这样的人……回家去见他们?
Do they know that I know about them?" 他们知道我知道他们的事吗?”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438420.html