英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第261期:第十五章 卡伦一家(10)(在线收听) |
"Wow." “哇噢。” "You like it?" He smiled. “你喜欢?”他笑了起来。
"It… has a certain charm." “这……实在太有吸引力了。”
He pulled the end of my ponytail and chuckled. 他拉了一下我的马尾的末梢,轻笑起来。
"Ready?" he asked, opening my door. “准备好了吗?”他问道,打开了我的车门。
"Not even a little bit—let's go." “一点也没有——我们走吧。”
I tried to laugh, but it seemed to get stuck in my throat. 我试图大笑,但笑声似乎卡在了我的喉咙里。
I smoothed my hair nervously. 我不安地抚平着自己的头发。
"You look lovely." He took my hand easily, without thinking about it. “你看上去很可爱。”他轻松地拉起我的手,完全不假思索。
We walked through the deep shade up to the porch. 我们穿过深邃的树阴,向门廊走去。
I knew he could feel my tension; his thumb rubbed soothing circles into the back of my hand. 我知道他能感觉到我的不安,他的拇指在我的手背上打着圈,让我镇静下来。
He opened the door for me. 他为我打开了门。
The inside was even more surprising, less predictable, than the exterior. 屋里更加惊人,甚至比屋外还要出乎意料。
It was very bright, very open, and very large. 屋里非常明亮,非常开阔,非常宽敞。
This must have originally been several rooms, but the walls had been removed from most of the first floor to create one wide space. 这里原本应该有好几个房间,但一层的大部分墙壁都被打通了,变成了一个尤为广阔的空间。
The back, south-facing wall had been entirely replaced with glass, and, beyond the shade of the cedars, the lawn stretched bare to the wide river. 屋后面向南边的墙壁被全部替换成整块的玻璃,而在雪松的树荫之外,绵延着的草地上,一条宽广的河流展露无遗。
A massive curving staircase dominated the west side of the room. 一座宏伟的回旋楼梯占据了房间的西面。
The walls, the high-beamed ceiling, the wooden floors, and the thick carpets were all varying shades of white. 墙面,高高耸起的天花板,木制的地板,厚重的地毯,全都是各种色调的白色。
Waiting to greet us, standing just to the left of the door, on a raised portion of the floor by a spectacular grand piano, were Edward's parents. 就站在门口的左边,站在地板上一块升高的部分,在一架巨大的平台式钢琴旁,等着招呼我们的,是爱德华的父母。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438426.html |