英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第279期:第十七章 游戏(4)(在线收听) |
I think I saw it in the trunk, Billy said. You may have to dig for it. “我想我在那辆卡车里看见了。”比利说道。“你得去把它挖出来。” Jacob slouched back out into the rain. 雅克布无精打采地走出屋外,走回雨中。
Billy and I faced each other in silence. After a few seconds, the quiet started to feel awkward, so I turned and headed to the kitchen. 比利和我沉默地对峙着。几秒钟以后,这种静寂开始变得尴尬起来,所以我转过身去,径直走向厨房。
I could hear his wet wheels squeak against the linoleum as he followed. 我能听到他跟着我,湿漉漉的轮椅碾过地上铺着的油毯发出吱吱声。
I shoved the bag onto the crowded top shelf of the fridge, and spun around to confront him. His deeply lined face was unreadable. 我把纸包塞进冰箱拥挤的上格,旋即转身与他对峙着。他棱角分明的脸上有着无法读懂的神情。
Charlie won't be back for a long time. My voice was almost rude. “查理得很久以后才会回来。”我的语气几近粗鲁。
He nodded in agreement, but said nothing. 他同意地点了点头,但什么也没说。
Thanks again for the fish fry, I hinted. “再次感谢你的煎鱼。”我暗示道。
He continued nodding. I sighed and folded my arms across my chest. 他继续点头,我叹了口气,把胳膊交叠在胸前。
He seemed to sense that I had given up on small talk. Bella, he said, and then he hesitated. 他似乎感觉到我已经放弃了与他闲谈。“贝拉。”他说完,又踌躇了起来。
I waited. 我等待着。
Bella, he said again, Charlie is one of my best friends. “贝拉,”他再次说道。“查理是我最好的朋友之一。”
Yes. “是的。”
He spoke each word carefully in his rumbling voice. I noticed you've been spending time with one of the Cullens. 他用他隆隆的嗓音小心地说着每个字。“我注意到,你经常和卡伦家的其中一个成员待在一起。”
Yes, I repeated curtly. “是的。”我简短地重复着。
His eyes narrowed. Maybe it's none of my business, but I don't think that is such a good idea. 他的眼睛眯缝起来。“也许这与我无关,但我不认为这是个好主意。”
You're right, I agreed. It is none of your business. “你是对的,”我赞同道。“这与你无关。”
He raised his graying eyebrows at my tone. You probably don't know this, but the Cullen family has an unpleasant reputation on the reservation. 听到我这样的语气,他扬起了灰白的眉毛。“你也许不知道这一点,但卡伦家在保留区声名狼藉。” |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438444.html |