英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第304期:第十八章 猎杀(3)(在线收听

 Do you have room for a few more players? Laurent asked sociably. “你们还有空位让别的选手加入吗?”劳伦和蔼可亲地问道。

Carlisle matched Laurent's friendly tone. Actually, we were just finishing up.  卡莱尔配合着劳伦友好的语气说道。“其实,我们正要结束游戏。
But we'd certainly be interested another time. Are you planning to stay in the area for long? 但下次的话我们一定会很乐意的。你们打算在这个地区久留吗?”
We're headed north, in fact, but we were curious to see who was in the neighborhood.  “事实上,我们正在去北方的路上,但我们都很好奇,想看看是谁住在这附近。
We haven't run into any company in a long time. 我们已经很久没有碰到过同类了。”
No, this region is usually empty except for us and the occasional visitor, like yourselves. “不,这个地区通常都是空的,只有我们住在这里,偶尔会有访客经过,比方说你们。”
The tense atmosphere had slowly subsided into a casual conversation;  一触即发的紧张气氛慢慢地消失了,谈话变得随意起来。
I guessed that Jasper was using his peculiar gift to control the situation. 我猜贾斯帕正在用他特有的天赋在控制着局面。 
What's your hunting range? Laurent casually inquired. “你们都在哪里狩猎?”劳伦若无其事地寒暄道。
Carlisle ignored the assumption behind the inquiry. The Olympic Range here, up and down the Coast Ranges on occasion.  卡莱尔并不理会隐藏在问话里的假设。“这里的奥林匹亚山脉,偶尔也会涉足南北两侧的沿海山脉。
We keep a permanent residence nearby. There's another permanent settlement like ours up near Denali. 我们在这附近有个固定住所。德纳利峰附近也有一群像我们这样的定居者。”
Laurent rocked back on his heels slightly. 劳伦微微震惊地站直了身子。
Permanent? How do you manage that? There was honest curiosity in his voice. “固定住所?你们是怎么做到的?”他声音里的好奇显露无遗。
Why don't you come back to our home with us and we can talk comfortably? Carlisle invited. It's a rather long story. “你们为什么不到我们家里坐坐,这样我们可以更舒服地谈话?”卡莱尔邀请道。“这可是个很长很长的故事。”
James and Victoria exchanged a surprised look at the mention of the word home, but Laurent controlled his expression better. 听到“家”这个词,詹姆斯和维多利亚交换了一个惊讶的眼神,但劳伦更好地控制住了自己的表情。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438639.html