英语听力 暮光之城·暮色 第366期:第二十四章 僵局(13)(在线收听) |
It didn't sink in at first. I continued to stare at him blankly as the words one by one clicked into place in my head like a ghastly puzzle. 起初,我没有立刻领会他的话。我继续茫然地盯着他,那些话一个字一个字地输入我的脑海里,就像是一个可怕的谜团一样。 I was barely conscious of the sound of my heart accelerating, though, as my breathing became hyperventilation, I was aware of the sharp aching in my protesting ribs. 我只能勉强注意到我的心跳加速的声音。不过,当我的呼吸变得紊乱起来的时候,我才意识到我的肋骨传来的表示伉仪的剧痛。
He didn't say anything; he watched my face warily as the pain that had nothing to do with broken bones, pain that was infinitely worse, threatened to crush me. 他什么也没说,他警惕地看着我的脸。那种与破碎的骨头无关的疼痛,那种更加糟糕,糟糕到好无止境的疼痛,威胁着要把我碾碎。
And then another nurse walked purposefully into the room. Edward sat still as stone as she took in my expression with a practiced eye before turning to the monitors. 然后,另一个护士目的明确地走进了房间。爱德华又一动不动地像块石头一样,她训练有素的眼睛把我的神情看在眼里,然后转向那些监视器。
"Time for more pain meds, sweetheart?" she asked kindly, tapping the IV feed. “是时候再吃点止痛药了,甜心?”她友好地问道,轻叩了一下那个静脉注射器的瓶子。
"No, no," I mumbled, trying to keep the agony out of my voice. "I don't need anything." I couldn't afford to close my eyes now. “不,不用。”我喃喃低语着,试图去掉自己声音里的痛苦。“我什么也不要。”我无法承受在这个时候闭上眼睛。
"No need to be brave, honey. It's better if you don't get too stressed out; you need to rest." She waited, but I just shook my head. “没有必要这样逞强,甜心。如果你不那么强迫自己忍耐,情况会更好些。你需要休息。”她等待着,但我只是摇了摇头。
"Okay," she sighed. "Hit the call button when you're ready." “好吧。”她叹了口气。“等你准备好的时候,请按呼唤铃。”
She gave Edward a stern look, and threw one more anxious glance at the machinery, before leaving. 她严厉地看了一眼爱德华,然后又瞥了一眼那台机器,眼里更多的是不安,最终离开了。
His cool hands were on my face; I stared at him with wild eyes. 他冰冷的双手落在我的脸上。我睁得大大的眼睛盯着他。
"Shhh, Bella, calm down." “嘘,贝拉,冷静下来。”
"Don't leave me," I begged in a broken voice. “不要离开我。”我用破碎的声音恳求道。
"I won't," he promised. "Now relax before I call the nurse back to sedate you." “我不会的。”他保证道。“现在放松下来,等会儿我再把护士叫进来给你打镇静剂。”
But my heart couldn't slow. 但我的心跳依然没有慢下来。
"Bella." He stroked my face anxiously. "I'm not going anywhere. I'll be right here as long as you need me." “贝拉。”他焦急地轻拍着我的脸。“我哪里也不去。只要你需要我,我会一直待在这里。” |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438908.html |