英语听力 暮光之城·暮色 第371期:第二十四章 僵局(18)(在线收听

   "And the pain?" he asked. “那疼痛呢?”他问道。

  I blanched. I couldn't help it. But I tried to keep my expression from showing how clearly I remembered the feeling… the fire in my veins. 我脸色发白。我没法控制住自己。但我试图不让自己的神情表现得太明白。我记起来那种感觉……火焰在我的血管里燃烧着。
  "That's my problem," I said. "I can handle it." “这是我的问题。”我说道。“我能把握住。”
  "It's possible to take bravery to the point where it becomes insanity." “在情况失控的时候,勇气也许会很有帮助的。”
  "It's not an issue. Three days. Big deal." “这不是问题。就三天。有什么大不了的。”
  Edward grimaced again as my words reminded him that I was more informed than he had ever intended me to be.  爱德华又扮了个鬼脸。我的话提醒了他,我比他所希望的知道得更多。
  I watched him repress the anger, watched as his eyes grew speculative. 我看着他强抑住自己的愤怒,看着他的眼神变得揣度起来。
  "Charlie?" he asked curtly. "Renée?" “查理?”他简要地问道。“蕾妮?”
  Minutes passed in silence as I struggled to answer his question. I opened my mouth, but no sound came out. I closed it again.  时间在沉默中一分一秒地过去,我挣扎着想要回答他的问题。我张开嘴巴,但发不出声音。
  He waited, and his expression became triumphant because he knew I had no true answer. 我又闭上了嘴巴。他等待着,然后露出了胜利的神情。因为他知道我没法如实回答。
  "Look, that's not an issue either," I finally muttered; my voice was as unconvincing as it always was when I lied.  “看,这也不是问题。”我最终喃喃低语道。当我撒谎的时候,我的声音总是没法让人信服。
  "Renée has always made the choices that work for her she'd want me to do the same. And Charlie's resilient, he's used to being on his own. I can't take care of them forever.  “蕾妮总会为自己做出选择——她也想要我这样做。而查理能恢复过来,他过去一直是一个人。我不能永远为他们操心。
  I have my own life to live." 我有我自己的人生要过。”
  "Exactly," he snapped. "And I won't end it for you." “确实如此。”他猛地说道。“而我不能结束你的人生。”
  "If you're waiting for me to be on my deathbed, I've got news for you! I was just there!" “如果你在等我奄奄一息的时候,那我有好消息要告诉你!我就在这里!”
  "You're going to recover," he reminded me. “你会好起来的。”他提醒我。
  I took a deep breath to calm myself, ignoring the spasm of pain it triggered. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was no compromise in his face. 我深吸了一口气,让自己冷静下来,不去理会这个动作带来的一阵痉挛的疼痛。我瞪着他,他瞪了回来,脸上没有半点让步。
  "No," I said slowly. "I'm not." “不,”我慢慢地说道。“我不会的。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438913.html