英语听力 暮光之城·暮色 第379期:第二十五章 一触即发(4)(在线收听

   I wiped quickly under my eyes to prevent any smudges. My hand was unblackened when I pulled it away; maybe Alice had known I would need waterproof makeup. 我飞快地在眼下擦拭着,避免留下任何污迹。当我把手拿开的时候,我的手并没有被染黑。也许爱丽丝知道我会需要防水的睫毛膏。

  This is completely ridiculous. Why are you crying? he demanded in frustration. “这实在是太荒谬了。你为什么要哭呢?”他沮丧地诘问道。
  Because I'm mad! “因为我疯了!”
  Bella. He turned the full force of his scorching golden eyes on me. “贝拉。”他全神贯注地用那双灼热的金色眼睛看着我。
  What? I muttered, distracted. “什么?”我喃喃低语着,被分了神。
  Humor me, he insisted. “就当是为了我。”他坚持着。
  His eyes were melting all my fury. It was impossible to fight with him when he cheated like that. I gave in with poor grace. 他的眼睛让我所有的愤怒都消融了。当他像这样作弊的时候,我根本不可能跟他对抗。我用仅存的优雅姿势做出了让步。
  Fine, I pouted, unable to glare as effectively as I would have liked. I'll go quietly. But you'll see. I'm way overdue for more bad luck.  “好吧。”我撅起嘴,这让我的瞪视变得没那么有效了。“我会安静地走下去的。但你会看到,我还有很多坏运气正等着兑现呢。
  I'll probably break my other leg. Look at this shoe! It's a death trap! I held out my good leg as evidence. 我很可能会摔断另一条腿的。看看着鞋子!这简直是个危险的圈套!”我抬起自己那条好腿作为证据。
  Hmmm. He stared at my leg longer than was necessary. Remind me to thank Alice for that tonight. “哼。”他久久地盯着我的腿,远远超出必要的时间。“这提醒了我,得为今晚的事好好谢谢爱丽丝。”
  Alice is going to be there? That comforted me slightly. “爱丽丝要来这里?”这让我稍微感到安慰。
  With Jasper, and Emmett… and Rosalie, he admitted. “和贾斯帕一起,还有艾美特……和罗莎莉。”他坦白道。
  The feeling of comfort disappeared. There had been no progress with Rosalie, though I was on quite good terms with her sometimes-husband.  那种安慰的感觉消失了。我跟罗莎莉的关系依然毫无改善,尽管我和她偶尔为之的丈夫相处得很不错。
  Emmett enjoyed having me around he thought my bizarre human reactions were hilarious… or maybe it was just the fact that I fell down a lot that he found so funny.  艾美特喜欢我在他附近——他觉得我那些奇特的人类反应很逗趣……也有可能是因为我老是摔倒的事实让他找到了许多乐趣。
  Rosalie acted as if I didn't exist. While I shook my head to dispel the direction my thoughts had taken, I thought of something else. 罗莎莉表现得就好像我根本不存在一样。当我摇着头,想要把我的思绪飘向的方向摇出脑海的时候,我想到了别的事情。
  Is Charlie in on this? I asked, suddenly suspicious. “查理也参与了这件事”我问道,忽然起了疑心。
  Of course. He grinned, and then chuckled. Apparently Tyler wasn't, though. “当然。”他咧嘴一笑,然后轻笑起来。“不过,很显然,泰勒没有参与进来。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438921.html