英语听力 暮光之城·暮色 第381期:第二十五章 一触即发(6)(在线收听) |
I looked at the dance floor; a wide gap had formed in the center of the floor, where two couples whirled gracefully. 我看着舞池:舞池正中形成了一条很宽的裂口,那里有两对情侣正在优雅地转着圈。 The other dancers pressed to the sides of the room to give them space no one wanted to stand in contrast with such radiance. 另一对舞者正迫切地移向房间的另一侧,给他们留出空间没有人想要站在这样耀眼的存在旁边,以免形成鲜明的对比。
Emmett and Jasper were intimidating and flawless in classic tuxedos. 艾美特和贾斯帕都穿着经典款的晚礼服,看上去令人生畏,毫无瑕疵。
Alice was striking in a black satin dress with geometric cutouts that bared large triangles of her snowy white skin. And Rosalie was… well, Rosalie. She was beyond belief. 爱丽丝穿着一条黑缎礼服,上面有着几何图形的镂空图案,露出大片的三角形的雪白的肌肤。然后罗莎莉……好吧,罗莎莉。她简直让人难以置信。
Her vivid scarlet dress was backless, tight to her calves where it flared into a wide ruffled train, with a neckline that plunged to her waist. 她明艳的猩红色礼服是露背款式的,被她用一根闪亮的带褶边的小牛皮宽皮带紧紧地固定着,从脖子一直延伸到腰间。
I pitied every girl in the room, myself included. 我怜悯地看着房间里的每一个女孩,包括我自己。
"Do you want me to bolt the doors so you can massacre the unsuspecting townsfolk?" I whispered conspiratorially. “你想要让我把门闩上,这样你们就能屠杀这些毫无戒心的镇民吗?”我阴险地低声说着。
"And where do you fit into that scheme?" He glared. “那你打算参与到这个计划的哪个部分?”他瞪着我。
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." “哦,我当然站在吸血鬼那边。”
He smiled reluctantly. "Anything to get out of dancing." 他勉强笑了笑。“千方百计地想要逃离舞会。”
"Anything." “千方百计。”
He bought our tickets, then turned me toward the dance floor. I cringed against his arm and dragged my feet. 他买了我们两个的票,然后让我转向舞池。我缩进了他的怀抱,拖着脚走着。
"I've got all night," he warned. “我有一整个晚上。”他警告道。
Eventually he towed me out to where his family was twirling elegantly if in a style totally unsuitable to the present time and music. I watched in horror. 最终,他把我拖到了他的家人正优美地转着圈的地方仿佛他们处在了一个与现在的时间和音乐完全不相符的时空中。我惊恐地看着。
"Edward." My throat was so dry I could only manage a whisper. "I honestly can't dance!" I could feel the panic bubbling up inside my chest. “爱德华。”我的喉咙太干了,我只能用耳语说道。“我诚恳地说,我不会跳舞!”我能感觉到恐惧在我的胸膛里沸腾着。
"Don't worry, silly," he whispered back. "I can." He put my arms around his neck and lifted me to slide his feet under mine. “别担心,笨蛋。”他向我耳语道。“我会跳。”他把我的胳膊环绕在他的脖子上,然后把我抱起来,让我踩在他的脚上。
And then we were whirling, too. 然后,我们一起旋转了起来。
"I feel like I'm five years old," I laughed after a few minutes of effortless waltzing. “我感觉自己像是只有五岁。”在跳了几分钟毫不费力的华尔兹后,我大笑起来。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438923.html |