【大家说英语】 第419期:全新棒球队(2)(在线收听

   Hey, Linda. Would you like to join our baseball team? 嗨,琳达。你想加入我们的棒球队吗?

  What baseball team? 什么棒球队?
  Ben, Rob and I have formed a baseball team. 本,罗布和我组建了一支棒球队。
  Cool. I used to play baseball when I was younger. 太酷了。我年轻的时候曾经打过棒球。
  Great. What position did you play? 太好了。你打什么位置?
  I was the catcher. My glove was like a wall behind the plate. 我是一个接球手。我的手套就像是本垒板后面的一道墙一样。
  That's funny, Linda. Everyone is so confident. This will be fun! 太会说笑了,琳达。每个人都这么自信。一定会很有意思!
  Do we have all the equipment that we need for baseball practice tomorrow? 我们明天棒球训练所需的装备都有了吗?
  I think so. Linda has a catcher's helmet, and I have a bat. 应该都有了。琳达有一个街球手头盔,我有一个棒球棍。
  And here is a baseball! 这里有一个棒球!
  Great. And I think that everyone can bring baseball gloves, too. 太好了。我想大家也都会带棒球手套来。
  Perfect! What time are we meeting at the baseball diamond? 完美!我们什么时候在棒球内场见面?
  We're meeting at 10 a.m. Remember to bring your A-game! 我们上午十点见面吧。别忘了拿出你的好表现!
  I think that we're ready for the practice tomorrow. 我想我们已经为明天的训练做好准备了。
  Rob's bringing some friends, and he'll be our starting pitcher. 罗布会带一些朋友过看来,他会是我们的先发投手。
  Linda will be our catcher. 琳达会担当我们的接球手。
  And we will be star batters! 我们就是明星击球员!
  Yeah! It will be a lot of fun. 是啊!会很有意思的。
  As long as someone hits a homerun, I'll be happy. 只要有人打出一记本垒打,我就会很兴奋。
  I'm sure someone will. I just hope they aren't on the other team! 我确信会有人打出的。不过我只是希望这些人不要在另一支球队!
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/djsyy1/439004.html