月亮和六便士 第二十五章(2)(在线收听

 Stroeve gave a little gasp. He wiped his face. 施特略夫倒吸了一口气,抹了抹脸。

He turned to me for support, but I did not know what to say. 他转过身来请求我支援,但是我不知道该说什么好。
He's a great artist. “他是个了不起的画家。”
What do I care? I hate him. “那同我有什么关系?我讨厌这个人。”
Oh, my love, my precious, you don't mean that. “啊,我的亲爱的,我的宝贝,你不是这个意思吧!
I beseech you to let me bring him here. 我求求你,让我把他弄到咱们家里吧。
We can make him comfortable. 我们可以叫他过得舒服一些。
Perhaps we can save him. 也许我们能救他一命。
He shall be no trouble to you. I will do everything. 他不会给你带来麻烦的。什么事都由我来做。
We'll make him up a bed in the studio. 我们可以在画室里给他架一张床。
We can't let him die like a dog. 我们不能叫他象一条野狗似地死掉。
It would be inhuman. 太不人道了。”
Why can't he go to a hospital? “为什么他不能去医院呢?”
A hospital! He needs the care of loving hands. “医院!他需要爱抚的手来照顾。
He must be treated with infinite tact. 护理他必需要极其体贴才成。”
I was surprised to see how moved she was. She went on laying the table, but her hands trembled. 我发现勃朗什·施特略夫感情波动得这么厉害,觉得有点奇怪。她继续往桌上摆餐具,但是两只手却抖个不停。
I have no patience with you. “我对你简直失去耐心了。
Do you think if you were ill he would stir a finger to help you? 你认为如果你生了病,他会动一根手指头来帮助你吗?”
But what does that matter? “那又有什么关系?
I should have you to nurse me. It wouldn't be necessary. 我有你照顾啊。不需要他来帮忙。
And besides, I'm different; I'm not of any importance. 再说,我同他不一样;我这人一点也不重要。”
You have no more spirit than a mongrel cur. “你简直还不如一条杂种小狗有血性呢!
You lie down on the ground and ask people to trample on you. 你躺在地上叫人往你身上踩。”
Stroeve gave a little laugh. 施特略夫笑了一下。
He thought he understood the reason of his wife's attitude. Oh, my poor dear,  他以为自己了解他的妻子为什么采取这种态度。“啊,可怜的宝贝,
you're thinking of that day he came here to look at my pictures. 你还想着那次他来看我画的事呢。
What does it matter if he didn't think them any good? 如果他认为我的画不好又有什么关系呢?
It was stupid of me to show them to him. I dare say they're not very good. 那天我真不应该把画给他看,我敢说我画的画并不很好。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/ylhlbs/439734.html