月亮和六便士 第二十八章(7)(在线收听) |
She shrugged her shoulders. 她耸了耸肩膀。 Now may I go? “现在我可以走了吗?”
Wait one second longer. “再等一秒钟。”
He looked round his studio wearily; he had loved it because her presence had made it gay and homelike; 他疲惫不堪地环顾了一下自己的画室;他喜爱这间画室,因为她的存在,这间屋子显得那么美好,那么充满了家庭气氛。
he shut his eyes for an instant; then he gave her a long look as though to impress on his mind the picture of her. 他把眼睛闭了一刻,接着他的目光在她身上逗留了好一会儿,似乎想把她的图像永远印记在脑中似的。
He got up and took his hat. 他站起来,拿起了帽子。
No; I'll go. You? “不,叫我走吧。”“你?”
She was startled. She did not know what he meant. 她吃了一惊。她不明白他是什么意思。
I can't bear to think of you living in that horrible, filthy attic. “想到你要生活在那样一间肮脏可怕的阁楼里,我受不了。
After all, this is your home just as much as mine. 不管怎么说,这个地方既是我的家,同样也是你的家。
You'll be comfortable here. You'll be spared at least the worst privations. 你在这里会过得舒服些。至少你用不着受那种最可怕的罪了。”
He went to the drawer in which he kept his money and took out several bank-notes. 他走到放钱的抽屉前边,从里面拿出几张钞票来。
I would like to give you half what I've got here. “我把我这里的一点钱给你一半吧。”
He put them on the table. 他把钱放在桌子上。
Neither Strickland nor his wife spoke. 思特里克兰德和他的妻子都没有说什么。
Then he recollected something else. 这时他又想起一件事来。
Will you pack up my clothes and leave them with the concierge? “你好不好把我的衣服理一理,放在下边门房那儿?
I'll come and fetch them to-morrow. He tried to smile. 我明天再来取。”他苦笑了一下。
"Good-bye, my dear. I'm grateful for all the happiness you gave me in the past." “再见,亲爱的。你过去给了我那么多幸福,我感谢你。”
He walked out and closed the door behind him. 他走了出去,随手把门关上。
With my mind's eye I saw Strickland throw his hat on a table, and, sitting down, begin to smoke a cigarette. 在想象中,我看到思特里克兰德把自己的帽子往桌上一扔,坐下来,开始吸一支纸烟。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/ylhlbs/439754.html |