【大家说英语】 第425期:不适合饲养的宠物(1)(在线收听) |
Conversation A 对话A
Rob: Today, I'm interviewing Anna Wild! She works at the city zoo. Welcome to the show, Anna!
罗布:今天,我们要访问一下安娜·怀尔德!她在城市动物园工作。欢迎来到我们的节目,安娜!
Anna: Thanks, Rob.
安娜:谢谢你,罗布。
Rob: You were on the show last May.
罗布:你去年五月来过我们的节目。
Anna: Yes. And I'm here again!
安娜:是的。这次我又来了!
Rob: I'm glad. Let's discuss animals again!
罗布:我很高兴。让我们再谈一谈动物吧!
Anna: Sure. Can we talk about pets?
安娜:没问题。我们能谈一下宠物吗?
Rob: Pets? Zoo animals aren't pets!
罗布:宠物?动物园里的动物可不是宠物!Today, I'm interviewing Anna Wild! She works at the city zoo. Welcome to the show, Anna! 今天,我们要访问一下安娜·怀尔德!她在城市动物园工作。欢迎来到我们的节目,安娜!
Thanks, Rob. 谢谢你,罗布。
You were on the show last May. 你去年五月来过我们的节目。
Yes. And I'm here again! 是的。这次我又来了!
I'm glad. Let's discuss animals again! 我很高兴。让我们再谈一谈动物吧!
Sure. Can we talk about pets? 没问题。我们能谈一下宠物吗?
Pets? Zoo animals aren't pets! 宠物?动物园里的动物可不是宠物!
That's right, Rob. Zoo animals aren't pets. But some people keep them as pets. 没错,罗布。动物园里的动物不是宠物。但是有些人会把它们当做宠物来养。
Really? Why? 真的吗?为什么?
People like exotic pets. But exotic pets are wild animals. 人们喜欢奇特的宠物。但是奇特的宠物都是野生动物。
So they make bad pets. 所以不适合当宠物。
Yes. People can't look after them. So they give them to us. 是的。人们照顾不了它们。所以这些宠物就给了我们。
And you care for them. 然后你们就照顾它们。
Yes, that's my job. 是的,这就是我的工作。
What former pets do you have at the zoo? 在动物园里有哪些是之前被人类所养的宠物?
We have two tigers and 15 monkeys. 我们养了两只老虎和十五只猴子。
Those aren't good pets. 那些可都不是很适合的宠物。
Right. They bite. And you can't train them well. 没错。它们会咬人。而且你也训练不好它们。
But you can train cats and dogs. 但是你可以训练猫和狗。
Yes. Everyone, please don't get exotic pets. Cats and dogs are best! 是的。各位观众,请不要养一些奇怪的宠物。猫和狗是最好的! |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/djsyy1/441972.html |