生活英语听力文章 第22期:带给别人快乐(2)(在线收听

 10. Offer to take a co-worker (who is not close to you) to lunch and buy it. 10.约你的同事(与你不太亲近)吃个饭接纳他。

11. Plan a company or department meeting, surprising everyone with a party to show your appreciation for their hard work. 11. 组织一个公司或部门会议,每个人都会很惊讶这个会议仅仅是为了表达你对他们辛勤工作的感谢。
12. Pay the toll for the person following you and tell the gate attendant to communicate your brief message. 12.为后到的人付车费,并让门口服务员转达你的口信。
13. Stop by the hospital to visit a friend. 13.去看望住院的朋友。
14. Cut the grass for a neighbor who is overwhelmed at work. 14.为忙于处理大量工作的邻居修剪草坪。
15. Take dinner over to a family suffering from financial hardship. 15.给正面临财政困难的家庭送去一份晚餐。
16. Stay late and help a co-worker finish an important project. 16.晚归一会帮同事完成一个重要的项目。
17. Call and invite an old friend to have coffee or tea. 17.打电话邀请一位老朋友喝喝咖啡或喝喝茶。
18. Buy your friend sitting at another table in the restaurant a drink or dessert. 18. 为坐在餐厅中另一张桌子上喝饮料或吃甜点的朋友买单。
19. Go to the funeral of your friend or co-worker who has lost a loved one. 19.去参加朋友或同事故去的亲人的葬礼。
20. Look someone in the eye and share how proud you are of him or her. 20.直视某人的眼睛,告诉他你是多么的以他(或她)为自豪。
21. Express appreciation for ordinary and routine tasks done well. 21. 对做好日常的工作(的员工)表示感谢。
22. Praise someone for evidence portrayed by inner qualities—patience, fairness, integrity, gentleness, cooperation. 22.赞美某人通过描述他的内在品质—耐心、公平、正直、温柔、合作。
23. Say an encouraging word to your boss, teacher, coach, pastor or priest. Leaders are lonely. 23.对你的领导、老师、教练、牧师或神父说些鼓励的话。领导者是很孤独的。
24. Offer to run an errand for an overworked friend. 24.给一位过于劳累的朋友提供一次出差的机会。
25. Thank people who serve you—waitperson, janitor, receptionist. 25.谢谢那些为你服务的人—服务员、清洁工、接待员。
These are just a few of the many little things we can do to brighten someone’s day and create a unique connection. 这些仅仅是我们能够做的许多小事中的一少部分,这些事能够带给他人快乐并且可以和他们建立一个特殊的关系。
Not only will these acts make the person feel good, but they will make you feel good, too. 这些行为不仅会使他人感觉良好,并且也会让你感觉很好。
I want to challenge you to look for situations when you can show your interest in others by doing something unanticipated. 让我们进行一场比赛,寻找通过意想不到的事情让他人高兴的方法。
When you think of something, do it without hesitation and make someone’s day. 当你想到什么,就毫不犹豫的去做,去带给别人快乐吧。
I also want to encourage you to start this practice this very minute. 我还想鼓励你的就是,在这一刻开始这个行动吧。
Who do you love that you have not communicated with recently? 谁是你关爱着但最近没有联系的人?
Call, email or text and let them know you love them. Will you do it? Will you do it now? 打个电话,发封邮件或短信,让他们知道你关心着他们。你要这么做吗?你会立刻这么做吗?
Please come back and tell me below about your experience. 回来时请告诉我你的感受。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shyytlwz/442388.html