生活英语听力文章 第146期:10种方法在问候时留下美好印象(2)(在线收听

 The 4th way is when you greet someone who likely forgot your name 当你问候可能忘记你名字的人时

When I meet people or greet people I have not seen in a while, I always take the initiative to introduce myself by name. 当我问候可能有段时间没有见过的人时,我总是主动的用名字介绍自己。
I could say, "Hi Paul; Todd Smith; how are you doing?" 我会说,"喂,帕尔,我是史密斯托德,你最近怎么样?"
Now,if I don't remember the person's name, I will introduce myself by sharing my name and hope they respond by sharing theirs. 如果我不记得这个人的名字,我在自我介绍时会带上我的名字同样的我也希望他们能够用同样的方式回应我。
The 5th way of making a positive impression when you are greeting is when you are not introduced 当你没有被介绍时
I was with a friend in a restaurant recently and a couple of his friends stopped by the table to say hi. 最近我和一个朋友在餐馆用餐偶遇它的几个朋友前来打招呼。
He talked to them for a couple of minutes but never introduced me. 他和朋友聊了几分钟去不介绍我。
The proper etiquette in this circumstance would have been for him to introduce me to his friends. 这种情况下对他来说最合适的礼仪就是把我介绍给他的朋友。
When I'm not introduced to people, I generally respond by introducing myself if the right opportunity presents itself. 当我没有被介绍时我通常会找个合适的时机自我介绍。
This seems to make everyone feel more comfortable. 这样会让在场的所有人感觉更舒服些。
The 6th way of making a positive impression when you are greeting is when you meet with a group of people you DON'T know 当你遇到一群你不认识的人时
Have you ever walked into a room with a small group of people you didn't know and stood there awkwardly not knowing what you should do? 你是否曾经进过里面有一群不认识的人你尴尬的站着不知所措的房间吗?
If this happens, be proactive and introduce yourself to each person in the room. 如果有这种情况,就主动的把自己介绍给房间里的每个人。
This will make you stand out from the group as someone with confidence. 这回让你在人群中显得自信而突出。
It will also make everyone feel more at ease. 这样也会让每一个人感觉更舒服。
The 7th is when you meet with a group of people you DO know 当你遇到一群你认识的人时
When you get together with a group of friends or business associates, immediately greet each person with a friendly greeting. 当你和一群朋友或商业伙伴聚会时,立即友好的问候在场的每一位。
As new people join the group, be the first one to show you care by greeting them. 当新人加入时,第一个去欢迎他们以显示你的关心。
My daughter Hannah calls this "Being Like a Dog." 我女儿把这个称为"称为像宠物狗一样的人"。
Dogs are always happy to see you and they're the first ones to greet you. 宠物狗总是看到你总是很开心并且第一个去欢迎你。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shyytlwz/442866.html