ESL露西的一天 第74期:工作与午餐(2)(在线收听) |
I get to the office and sit down at my desk. 我到办公室,坐在我的办公桌前。 I share a cubicle with another employee, Jim, but he only works in the afternoons so we don't usually get in each other's way too much. 我和另一个雇员吉姆共用一个小隔间,但他只在下午工作,这样我们就不会经常互相干扰。
I boot up my computer and look at my agenda for today. 我启动电脑,看看我今天的日程安排。
I had about 30 new emails in my inbox but I decide not to read them right away. 我的收件箱里有大约30封新邮件,但我决定不马上看。
There were some new inter-office paperwork in my inbox too, but I decide to look at them a little later. 我的收件箱里也有一些新的办公室内部文件,但我决定稍后再看。
First, I wanted to start in on a report that I had to finish today. 首先,我想先完成一个今天必须完成的报告。
I had a conference call at the end of the day with the head office, but I had most of the day to get it done. 今天结束之前,我要给总部打一个电话,报告有关会议的事情。但我接下来的大半天都可以做这件事。
Before long, it was the lunch hour. 不久,就是午餐时间了。
I didn't pack a lunch so I ask my supervisor if she wanted to have lunch together. 我没有自带午餐,所以我问我的主管她是否想一起吃午饭。
We head down the street to a sit-down restaurant. 我们沿着街道走到一个提供座位的餐馆。
The hostess shows us to a table in the back of the restaurant. 女迎宾员带我们到餐厅后部的一张桌子。
The waiter arrives a few minutes later and we order entrees, no appetizers, since we need to get back by 1:00. 几分钟后,服务员到了,我们点了主菜,没点开胃菜,因为我们需要在1点前赶回来。
The waiter was very busy so I had to wave him down to get the check. 服务员很忙,所以我不得不挥手让他结账。
He brought the bill, and my supervisor and I split the check. 他拿来了账单,主管和我平分账单。
We walk back to the office and I get back to work. 我们走回办公室,回到工作岗位。
Just four more hours until quitting time! 再过4个小时就可以下班了! |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/esllucy/443045.html |