ESL露西的一天 第75期:银行与市场(1)(在线收听

 I left at work at exactly five o'clock because I wanted to make it to the bank before it closed at 5:30.  我五点准时下班,因为我想在五点半关门前赶到银行。

Fortunately, it's on the way to the bus stop.  幸运的是,它在去公共汽车站的路上。
I get to the bank and I stand in line.  我到了银行,然后排队。
I fill out a deposit envelope and sign the back of my paycheck while I wait my turn.  我填写一个存款信封,在等待我的顺序时,在支票背面签名。
When I get to the front of the line,  当轮到我时,
I hand the teller the envelope and I ask her if she could tell how much I had in my account.  我把信封交给出纳员,我问她是否能告诉我,我的账户里有多少钱。
She told me my balance and handed me my receipt. 她把余额告诉了我,并把收据给了我。
I ride the bus and the subway home.  我乘公共汽车和地铁回家。
I realize that I need a few things at the market and stop at one on the way there.  我意识到我需要在市场上买些东西,于是在回家的路上找了个市场停下。
I pick up a cart as soon as I walk in and go to the produce department to load up on fruit, some apples and bananas. 我一进去就拿起一辆手推车,到加工区去买水果,一些苹果和香蕉。
I look around to see what kind of cooked foods they have.  我环顾四周,看看他们有什么样的熟食。
I'm feeling lazy and I don't want to cook tonight.  我觉得有些懒,今晚不想做饭。
I pick up a sandwich and I head for the checkout stands.  我拿起一个三明治,走向收款站。
I get into the shortest line and the cashier rings me up.  我挑了个最短的队伍,收银员叫我过来。
She gives me my change and the bagger hands me my bags.  她给我找钱,装袋工将购物袋递给我。
I walk the two blocks to my apartment and I'm ready for a relaxing evening at home. 我步行两个街区到我的公寓,准备在家里度过一个轻松的夜晚。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/esllucy/443046.html