ESL露西的一天 第79期:银行与市场讲解(4)(在线收听

 Paychecks are not as common as they were even five or ten years ago in the US.  支票并不像五年前或十年前在美国那样普遍。

Most companies don't give you a physical paycheck - a piece of paper.  大多数公司不会付给你一张支票——一张纸。
Instead, they put the money electronically into your bank account.  相反,他们把钱用电子方式存入你的银行账户。
They make what we would call an electronic funds transfer.  他们称之为电子资金转帐。
Electronic funds, "funds," transfer.  电子资金、资金、转账。
Funds is just another word for money, and to transfer means to move something from one place to another. 资金只是钱的另一个词,转移是指把某物从一个地方移到另一个地方。
Lucy is waiting her turn in line.  露西在排队等候。
Her turn, "turn," as we mentioned before, is her opportunity when she can talk to someone.  轮到她时,“机会”,正如我们前面提到的,她有机会与人交谈。
Someone may say to you, " 有人可能会对你说:“
Wait your turn," they mean they are talking to someone else and they will talk to you after they finish talking to the other people. 等着轮到你,“他们的意思是他们正在和其他人谈话,他们会在和其他人谈话后和你谈话。
When Lucy gets "to the front of the line" - to the beginning of the line - she hands "the teller" her "envelope."  当露西“排到队伍的最前面”时,她会把“信封”递给她的“出纳员”。
To hand, "hand," means to give something to someone with your hand.  递给,指的是用手把某物给某人。
The teller, "teller," is the name of the person who works at the bank who takes your money and gives you money from your bank account.  出纳员,“出纳员”,是在银行工作的人,他收你的钱,从你的银行账户中给你钱。
We call that person the teller. 我们管那个人叫出纳员。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/esllucy/443050.html