ESL露西的一天 第80期:银行与市场讲解(5)(在线收听

 Lucy gives the teller her envelope and asks if the teller could tell her how much money she had in her account.  露西把她的信封给了出纳员,问出纳员是否能告诉她,她账户上有多少钱。

An account, "account," is the money that you keep with the bank, in this case.  一个帐户,“帐户”是你在银行存的钱,在这种情况下。
An account can also be a relationship or an agreement you have with another company.  一个账户也可以是你与另一家公司的一种关系或一份协议。
Sometimes in business, we talk about salespeople having different accounts.  有时在商业中,我们谈论销售人员有不同的帐户。
That's the same as different clients or different people that they sell things to - they have a relationship with them. 这相当于他们向不同的客户或不同的人销售东西——他们与他们有关系。
In this case, Lucy finds out her balance and gets her receipt.  在这里,露西查到了她的余额,并拿到了她的交易凭条。
The teller told Lucy her balance, "balance."  出纳员告诉露西她的余额,“余额”。
Your balance is how much money you have in your bank account.  你的余额是你的银行账户里有多少钱。
To hand her, we already know, means to give her her receipt.  要交给她,我们已经知道了,意味着要给她凭条。
Receipt, "receipt," is a piece of paper that says that I am giving you this much money or this is how much money you put into your account.  凭条,“凭条”是一张纸,上面写着我给了你这么多钱,或者你在你账户上存了多少钱。
It's so that you can show or prove, if necessary, that you put the money into your account. 这样如果必要的话,你就可以证明,把钱存进了你的账户。
Lucy decides to take "the bus and the subway home."  露西决定乘公共汽车和地铁回家。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/esllucy/443051.html