ESL露西的一天 第109期:准备上床睡觉讲解(4)(在线收听

 Lucy takes her dirty clothes and puts them into a hamper.   露西把脏衣服放进脏衣篮里。

A hamper, "hamper," is also sometimes called a clothes hamper, and it's a little box, you can think of it as,  脏衣篮有时候也叫洗衣篮,你可以把它想象成一个小箱子,
it's a little box where you put your dirty clothes or dirty towels that has a top on it.   上面有盖子,盛放脏的衣物和毛巾的小箱子。
It is - usually has a top on it, and that is a clothes hamper.   通常情况下,它都有盖子,这就是洗衣篮。
You often find them in a bedroom or sometimes in a bathroom. 在卧室,有时在浴室经常可以找到它们。
After Lucy puts her "dirty clothes in the hamper," she puts on her pajamas. 把“脏衣服放进脏衣篮”里后,露西穿上她的睡衣。
Pajamas, "pajamas," is a type of clothes that you wear to bed.   睡衣,“睡衣”,是你睡觉时穿的衣服。
So, they're special clothes that you wear when you are going to go to bed and fall asleep. 就是你准备睡觉以及睡觉时穿的特殊的衣服。
Lucy takes off her slippers and pulls "back the covers."  She removes her slippers, "slippers."   露西脱掉拖鞋,把被子“拉开”。她脱掉拖鞋,“拖鞋”。
Slippers are shoes that you wear inside your house. They are usually soft and comfortable.    拖鞋是你在家里穿的鞋子。它们通常柔软舒适。
You wear them to keep your feet warm, and also to keep them clean from your floors. That's a slipper. 穿上它们后,你的脚与地板隔开,温暖并且干净。这就是拖鞋。
To "pull back the covers" means to take the blanket that is on your bed  “拉开被子”意思是拿起床上的毯子,
and to take the top and to pull it towards the bottom so that you can see the sheets of the bed.   从其顶部并拉向底部,直到你看到床单。
Covers, remember, "covers," are the blankets and the sheets that you put on top of your bed to keep you warm.   记住,被子就是放在床上保暖用的毯子或者被单,
So, you pull them back so you can get into the bed,  所以,拉开它们你就可以上床休息了,
and after you get into the bed, then you can pull them up, put them back over your body.  上床之后,再把它们拉起来,盖在身上。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/esllucy/443084.html