ESL杰夫的一天 第86期:做晚饭 吃晚饭和清洗餐具(1)(在线收听) |
When I get home, I start on dinner right away. 当我回到家的时候,我立马开始准备晚饭。 I clean off the kitchen counter after putting away the groceries and decide to make pasta. 在把食物放好之后我便清理了一下厨房柜台,并决定做意大利面。
I preheat the oven to 375 to bake the bread and to keep the chicken hot until my wife gets home. 我将烤箱预先加热到375华氏度来烤面包和保持鸡肉的热度,直到我妻子回家。
I put some water in a pan and turn the burner on high. 我在平底锅内到了一些水并把火炉调到高温。
When the water starts boiling, I put in the pasta and decide to make a salad. 当水烧开了的时候,我把意大利面放了进去并决定制作沙拉。
Just then, my wife opens the back door and yells, "I'm home!" 就在这时,我妻子打开后门并大声喊道,“我回来啦”!
She comes into the kitchen, and helps with chopping the tomatoes to add to the sauce. 然后她走进厨房,并帮忙切西红柿,然后把它们放进酱汁里。
She stirs the sauce until it's done, while I finish tossing the salad. 她调好酱汁,我拌好沙拉
I get out the place mats and napkins to set the table. 我取出餐具垫和餐巾摆在餐桌上。
I also make sure that there is a spoon, knife, fork, and plate for each of us. 我还确保餐桌上有供我们使用的调羹、刀、叉和盘子。
About 15 minutes later, we sit down at the table in the dining room and talk about our long day. 大约15分钟后,我们坐在餐桌旁边,聊着我们漫长的一天。
My wife says she'll do the dishes, since I cooked, but of course I help out by drying them. 我妻子说餐具由她来洗,因为饭是我做的,但我当然会帮忙把它们擦干。
First, I put some of the leftovers in a Tupperware container and some in plastic wrap and the rest in aluminum foil. 首先,我把一些吃剩的食物倒进“特百惠”容器里,一些用保鲜膜包起来,其余的用铝箔包起来。
Then I dry the pans, plates, glasses, and silverware. 然后我擦干平底锅、盘子、玻璃酒杯和银制餐具。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jfdyt/443169.html |