乔布斯传 第432期:乔尼·艾弗(4)(在线收听) |
Ive reported, at least initially, to Jon Rubinstein, whom Jobs had brought in to head the hardware division, 最初,艾弗是向乔恩·鲁宾斯坦汇报的,鲁宾斯坦是乔布斯指派的硬件部门主管, but he developed a direct and unusually strong relationship with Jobs. 但是艾弗后来和乔布斯发展成了一种直接的、异常牢固的伙伴关系。
They began to have lunch together regularly, 他们开始定期一起吃午餐,
and Jobs would end his day by dropping by Ive's design studio for a chat. 而乔布斯每天下班之前都要去艾弗的设计工作室聊一聊。
"Jony had a special status," said Laurene Powell. "He would come by our house, and our families became close. “乔尼的身份很特殊,”乔布斯的妻子鲍威尔说,“他常来我们家玩,两家人之间的关系也变得更亲密。
Steve is never intentionally wounding to him. Most people in Steve's life are replaceable. But not Jony." 史蒂夫从来不会故意伤害他。在史蒂夫的生活中,大多数人都是能够被替代的,唯独乔尼不是。”
Jobs described to me his respect for Ive: The difference that Jony has made, not only at Apple but in the world, is huge. 乔布斯随后向我表达了他对乔尼的尊敬:乔尼给苹果公司乃至全世界带来的改变是巨大的。
He is a wickedly intelligent person in all ways. He understands business concepts, marketing concepts. 在各方面他都是一个极聪明的人。他懂得商业概念和营销概念。
He picks stuff up just like that, click. He understands what we do at our core better than anyone. 他接受新事物的速度很快。他比其他任何人都更为理解苹果公司的核心理念。
If I had a spiritual partner at Apple, it's Jony. 乔尼是我在公司里的“精神伴侣”。
Jony and I think up most of the products together 大多数产品都是我们一起构想出来的,
and then pull others in and say, "Hey, what do you think about this?" 然后我们会再把其他人拉进来,问他们,“嘿,你们觉得怎么样?”
He gets the big picture as well as the most infinitesimal details about each product. 对每一个产品,他既有宏观的见解,又能考虑到细枝末节。
And he understands that Apple is a product company. 他明白,苹果是一家注重产品的公司。
He's not just a designer. That's why he works directly for me. 他不仅仅是一个设计师。这也就是为什么他向我直接汇报工作。
He has more operational power than anyone else at Apple except me. 他是整个公司里除我之外最有运营权力的人。
There's no one who can tell him what to do, or to butt out. That's the way I set it up. 任何人都无权干涉他做什么或不做什么。这也是我的意图。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/qbsz/444848.html |