向前一步:第111期 真实地表达自己的想法与情绪(7)(在线收听) |
I love hearing my son explain to my daughter, "I'm sorry you're upset because you lost at Monopoly, but I'm older than you so I should win." 我很乐意听到我的儿子对他妹妹解释:“我很抱歉看到你因为输了大富翁游戏而不高兴,但我比你大,所以我应该赢。” Not bad for a seven-year-old. 对一个7岁大的男孩来说,他表现得不错
(Although Fred would caution my son to take out the "but" and everything after, since it tends to deny the preceding statement. (尽管科夫曼教授会提醒我儿子把“但”字以及后面半句拿掉。
Imagine someone saying, "I really like you, but...") 想象一下有人对你说:“我真的很喜欢你,但……”)。
Being aware of a problem is the first step to correcting it. 首先要意识到问题,这是解决问题的开端。
It is nearly impossible to know how our actions are perceived by others. 至于别人对我们的做法究竟作何感受,的确是无从知晓。
We can try to guess what they're thinking, but asking directly is far more effective. 我们可以试着去猜测对方的想法,但直接询问会更加有效。
With real knowledge, we can adjust our actions and avoid getting tripped up. 得到确切的回答后,我们就可以调整自己的行动,以避免出差错。
Still, people rarely seek enough input. 话虽这么说,但人们极少会征询他人的意见。
A few years ago, Tom Brokaw interviewed me for a piece on Facebook. 几年前,汤姆·布罗考曾为撰写一篇关于脸谱网的文章采访我。
Tom is a magnificent interviewer, and I felt that I stumbled through some of my answers. 布罗考是位了不起的记者,我感觉自己在回答一些问题时有点结巴,
After we wrapped, I asked him how I could have done better. 结束时我请教他应该怎样改进。
He seemed surprised by my question, so I asked him again. 他看上去很吃惊,于是我又问了一遍。
He then told me that in his entire career, I was only the second person to ask him for feedback. 他告诉我,他工作这么久以来,我是第二个向他征求反馈意见的人。
The strategy of soliciting input broadly was first demonstrated for me by Robert Rubin, secretary of the Treasury when I joined the department in 1996. 在这一点上,罗伯特·鲁宾起了表率作用。1996年我加入美国财政部时,他任财政部部长。
During my first week there, I was invited to a meeting on restructuring the IRS. 我工作的第一周就被邀请参加一个关于重组美国国税局的会议。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/xqyb/445359.html |