英语小达人 423 I Wish You Enough(1)(在线收听) |
I Wish You Enough 知足常乐,尽享人生 At an airport I overheard a father and daughter during their last moments together. 在机场我无意中听到父女俩在最后分别时刻的谈话。
Her flight was ready for boarding and they were standing near the departure gate. 女儿正准备上飞机,他们站在飞机门附近。
They hugged and he said, I love you, I wish you enough. 他们拥抱着,父亲说:我爱你,我希望你能知足常乐,尽享人生。
She in turn said, Daddy, our life together has been more than enough. 女儿回答说:爸爸,我们在一起生活了这么长时间我已经很知足了,
Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Daddy. 您给我的爱也够了,我也希望你能知足常乐,尽享人生,爸爸!
They kissed goodbye and she left. 吻别后,女儿走了。
The man walked over towards the window near where I was seated. 父亲朝着我座位附近的窗子走过来,
I could see that he wanted and needed to cry. 我可以看出他忍不住要哭。
I tried not to intrude upon his privacy, 我尽力不触及他的隐私,
but he welcomed me by asking, 但他却向我打招呼,问:
Have you ever said goodbye to someone knowing that it would be forever? 你曾经有过明知是永别却还对某人说再见的经历吗?
Yes, I have. 我有过这种经历。
Saying that brought back memories I had of expressing my love and appreciation for all that my Dad had done for me. 这句话让我想起我曾为父亲为我所做的一切向他表示过我的爱和感激。
Recognizing that his days were numbered, 知道他在世的日子不多后,
I took the time to tell him, face to face, how much he meant to me. 我特意当面对他说他对我有多么重要。
So I knew what this man was going through. 所以我理解这个人此时的感受。
Forgive me for asking, but why is this goodbye forever? I asked. 请原谅我问一句,为什么是永别呢?我问。
I am old and she lives much too far away. 我老了,她又住的那么远。
I have challenges ahead and the reality is, her next trip back will be for my funeral, he said. 我的未来生活充满挑战。实际上,她再回来的时候便是参加我的葬礼了。他说。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yyxdr/445451.html |