英语PK台 第50期:一枚搞笑音乐青年的美国偶像逐梦路(4)(在线收听

 Dialogue:

Simon Cowell:Okay, and what’syour name sir?
评委:好的,请问您的名字?
XG:My name is Xiao Gao.
小高:我叫小高
Simon Cowell:What song are you going to sing?
评委:你打算唱什么歌?
XG:I'm gonna sing Over the Rainbow. I'm ready...
小高:我准备的歌曲是:over the rainbow, 我准备好了。(开始唱………)
Simon Cowell:Sorry, Xiao Gao, I'm gonna have to stop you. Haven’t yourealized you're out of tune?
评委:对不起,小高,我必须打断你,你没有发现自己唱得似乎音不那么准吗?
XG:My friends told me that, but I think they're just jealous
小高:我的朋友这么说过,但是我认为她在嫉妒我。
Simon Cowell:And what brings you here today?
评委:告诉我们你为什么来参加美国偶像海选?
XG:I've loved to sing ever since I was little, but other people said I’m not good at it. But there was only one group of friends from Going for Gold who think I sing well, and that I shouldgive it a shot. So, I'm here, for them!
小高:因为我从小就爱唱歌,但是别人都说我唱得不好,可是只有一个叫做goingforgold的朋友群认为我唱得好,应该来试试,所以我来了,为了他们对我的期望!
Simon Cowell:Okay,I'll give you one more chance. You can choose another song to sing.
评委:好吧,再给你一次机会,你可以选择再唱一首歌。
XG:I decided that singing is not for me,I’m gonna recite apoem instead. I wrote it.
小高:我决定也许我真的不太适合唱歌,所以我想朗诵一首诗。是我自己写的。
Simon Cowell:A poem? Okay, go ahead.
评委:一首诗?好吧,来吧。
Roses are red, violets are blue
玫瑰红,紫罗兰
I wish there was a song,that I could sing to you
祈愿有一首歌,我能把它唱给你听
But my voice is bad, and I care about your ears,
而我的声音残缺不全,担心你的耳朵会嫌弃它难听
If I tried to sing, you would run away in fear
如果我唱出来,你会带着害怕,跑得远远地,
So please, sit back and take a rest
所以,请坐下来,听我说
Because speaking English is what I do best
说英语是我的长项
I speak with my friends, and I’m never alone
和朋友们交流時,我从未感孤独
If they aren’t with me, then I pick up the phone
如果他们不在身边,我会拿起电话,
I chat for hours, sometimes days at a time
打给他们,倾心相谈,聊以度日,
My English gets better, line after line
日复一日,英语渐入佳境,
Jacky Wu, Emery, Cathleen, andChris,Jacky Wu, Emery, Cathleen, andChris,They come every day, class they don’t miss!
他们从未缺席一堂课,
Libra, Lydia, Ewa, and Rookie,Libra, Lydia, Ewa, and Rookie,Your English is so good, I should make you a cookie!
你们的英语已经令人鼓舞,我真该给你们做上一块好吃的饼干,
And for all the others, whom I forgot to name,
还有那些我没有叫出名字的朋友们,
Accept my apology, I’m filled with shame.
请接受我真挚的歉意
Going for Gold, is where our family meets,
Going for Gold 我们是相亲相爱的一家人
We face challenges together,and never retreat
我们共迎挑战,从不退却
We hold hands today, and never feel sorrow,
我们手牵手,从不哀愁
Move forward at once! Towards abetter tomorrow!
即刻启程前行,迎向另一个美妙的明日。
Simon Cowell:XiaoGao, you're so talented. Your poem is very creative. We've never heard such a beautiful poem before.
评委:小高,你很有才华,你的诗也很有创意,我们从来没有听过这么美的诗。
XG:Thanks,guys!
小高:谢谢你们
Simon Cowell:Okay,three "yeses" Congratulations, Xiao Gao. You're in! You did a great job! I'm sure your friends will be so proud of you!
Simon Cowell:好吧,三个“Yes!"恭喜你,小高,你入围了!表现得不错哦!你的朋友们一定会为你感到骄傲的!
XG:Oh my Lady Gaga! I can’t believe it! This is so geilivable! I gotta call Jing Jing and tell her the news!
小高:啊!我的天啊!简直无法置信!太给力了!我要赶紧给京晶打电话告诉他这个好消息!
New words for dialogue:
what brings you here=什么风把你吹来了?你为什么来这里?
ever since I was little=从小就,打小就….
give it a shot=尝试做某事
[something] is not for me = I’mnot good or meant to do [something] 我不擅长做某事
Recite a poem = to read a poem out loud朗诵一首诗
go ahead=走吧,开始吧
talented.=有才华的
in=入围的
geilivable=汉语演绎的英文单词,给力的
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/445856.html