英语PK台 第58期:假装你不知道愚人节(2)(在线收听) |
Dialogue : XiaoGao:So did you study for the test today? I was up all night studying for it, I hope I get a good grade.
小高:你认真看书准备考试了吗?我最晚熬了一宿,希望能考个好成绩呀!
JingJing:Test? What test? I didn’t know we had a test today!
京晶:考试?什么考试?我不知道我们今天有考试呀!
XiaoGao:Haha! April Fools! I was just yanking your chain. The test is next week!
小高:哈哈,愚人节快乐!我刚才跟你开玩笑呢!是下周考试呢!
JingJing:Oh thank heavens! You scared me! What is April Fool’s Day anyway?
京晶:哎呀我的妈呀!不带这么吓人的呢!那啥,到底什么是愚人节啊!
XiaoGao:April Fool’s Day is traditionally held on the first of April. People play practical jokes on their friends and loved ones, just like I did to you!
小高:按照传统,四月愚人节就在四月的第一天,人们会跟朋友和关系亲密的人开开玩笑,就像我刚才跟你闹着玩儿那样。
JingJing:Does the whole world celebrate it?
京晶:全世界都庆祝这个节日吗?
XiaoGao: A lot of countries do. For example, New Zealand, Ireland, the UK and South Africa only play jokes until noon. Sometimes, newspapers will have a hoax in the morning articles. In other countries, like America, France, and Italy, the jokes last all day.
小高:许多国家都庆祝呢!比如,新西兰,爱尔兰,英国,南非,这些国家人们之间开玩笑不会超过中午。有时候,报纸会在早间版文章中来个恶作剧。在另外一些国家,比如美国、法国、意大利,玩笑可以持续一整天。
JingJing:So how did this crazy holiday start? What’s the history behind April Fool’s Day?
京晶:那这个疯狂的节日是如何开始的呢?愚人节的历史是怎样的呢?
XiaoGao:The actual origin of April Fool’s Day is kind a grey area. The earliest association between the first of April and foolishness can be traced back to the year 1392.
小高:愚人节真实的起源其实是不太确定的。不过4月1号和愚人的联系最早可以追溯到1392年。
JingJing:Cool! Can you tell me some funny hoaxes that you’ve heard about?
京晶:不错,那…能不能告诉我一些你听过的有趣的恶作剧?
XiaoGao:In 1957, BBC ran a famous hoax about a tree that grew noodles on it. After that, a lot of people called the television station wanting to know how to grow their own noodle tree.
小高:在1957年,英国的BBC电视台开了一个著名的玩笑,一棵树上长出面条了。听了这则消息后,人们纷纷打电话给电视台询问如何在树上种面条。
JingJing:That’s interesting. I think you better watch your back today. I’m determined to seek revenge!
京晶:有意思,不过你今天最好小心点儿,我可是会报仇的哦!
XiaoGao:Good luck. You’ll never fool me!
小高:祝你好运!想整我没那么容易!
New words for dialogue:
April Fools! =said to someone to tell them that you have played an April Fool’s joke on them 愚人节快乐!
Yank someone’s chain = to joke with someone 跟某人开玩笑
Thank heavens! =said when you are relieved about something 谢天谢地
Practical joke = a trick played on someone to make them look foolish and amuse others 开玩笑
Hoax = a humorous deception 恶作剧
Origin = the starting point of something 起源
Grey area =something that is not certain or clear 模糊的,不清楚的,不确定的
Watch your back =be careful, something might happen to you 小心点儿
Seek revenge =hurt or harm someone because they hurt or !harmed you 复仇 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/445864.html |